Cub Cadet blowing fuses

bwestbrook

Threads
Where can I find a schematic for this thing?

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Look for critter damage in the wire harness - something is touching just enough metal to cause your problem -

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Checked and there is no spike in voltage. Everything that is supposed to have 12V in the run position has 12.4 volts. Now this is a 3 post solenoid....the small terminal is a ground right? I know it is grounded to the frame but was curious about the small terminal.

Never have I seen any type internal combustion engine have the small terminal attached to ground...
The small terminal is where the Key switch, in the Start position applies 12 volts.
That is the coil winding for the solenoid...
:smile:KennyV

bwestbrook

Threads
Could that be part of the problem? Because I checked it and it is grounded.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think your trouble shooting technique May be at fault...

Are you measuring what is applied by the wire?

What is measured on the post? OR what you can measure with the wire attached to the post?

(naturally the post will measure to chassis ground because it is attached to the coil inside the solenoid... the other end of the coil is attached to ground.. there will be a couple ohms of resistance in the coil winding).

bwestbrook

Threads
It may very we be Kenny. Haha. I checked it on the terminal where the small wire is connected.

bwestbrook

Threads
Red with white stripe wire coming from the ignition going to fuse then solid red wire going to battery side of solenoid....This is what is getting hot and blowing the fuse. All connections are good and found no frayed wires. While mower is running I am getting right at 14 volts at the fuse while wires are steadily getting hotter.

bwestbrook

Threads
Anyone have a schematic for a cub cadet 1515

bwestbrook

Threads
I still did not find a schematic. Just wondering though....on all the other threads everyone tells the people to make sure that they have 12V at the small terminal. My small terminal is grounded. What could be my problem?
Kenny told me it was the way I was testing it....well it would not matter which part I had it on whether the terminal or the wire end connected to the terminal I would still get 12 V. I can use my VOM and attach the black probe to the small terminal and the red probe to the positive terminal on battery and it shows 12v meaning the small terminal is a good ground.