Craftsman how to level the mower deck

Threads
Trust me, 25 psi in the front tires is way too much. Every lawnmower I've ever delt with was close to 10 psi rear and 14 psi front. Also, when leveling the deck, shake it after making any adjustment as it could be hung up or tight and this will make sure it's moving during adjustment. This tool also works very well if you don't have one.View attachment 66458
You are totally correct. My tires have printed right on the side: 10 psi rear & 14 psi front.

Threads
If you're going to post p. 23, then post the entire page, not just part of it, as it doesn't show the entire page or its instructions.

As far as your assertion that the Deck wheels "can't be in same hole & adjust just off ground in all cases", is clearly wrong as per the manual.
Page 12, " 2. With mower in desired height of cut position, gauge wheel should be assembled so they are slightly off the ground. Install gauge wheel in appropriate hole..... 3. Repeat for all, installing gauge wheel in SAME ADJUSTMENT HOLE." In other words, the front & wheels should both be in the same adjustment hole. It couldn't be stated more clearly than that.H

Threads
Here is the scan of the COMPLETE PAGE 23. I can't get p. 12 to scan, but I manually wrote the instructions in the prior post.

Attachments

• Craftsman Deck Adjust_20230909_0001.jpg
    Craftsman Deck Adjust_20230909_0001.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 4

STEVES

Threads
Well, I'm out as for my understanding of 'terminology'. I'm going now to finish my rocket ship power pusher thinger. :rolleyes: :)