click,click and click

double yellow

Threads
Looks good, I have and old starter relay that i might can work. Will try anyway. Messed with the org one for a while today, they sure stingy with enough wire length to work with

Thanks for the help

double yellow

Threads
Bought a new ing. relay from HD, but have not installed it yet Hope this solves the problem Lenoard brand

Lawn Addict
Threads
That would be a Plus.

double yellow

Threads
Well instaled a new so re;ay. worked fine for about two weeks. than click. click. Done that for about 4 ties then started.
Don,t know what happened to the quality of the cc now days.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
sounds like a problem i've ran into before, a couple of times... and installed a "starter improvement relay"

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Those are use mostly for solenoid shift starters where the trigger wire has a very long run and drops a lot voltage at the solenoid.

I would also check the supply voltage to the solenoid.

Without knowing what engine and starter we are dealing with anything is possible.

double yellow

Threads
The engie is the twn 18 hp kohlor courage org starter Mower has 220 hrs on it. You can here the sol. inguage the starter, but that is about it. I have oiled and cleaned the starter also. Maybe China junk.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most Kohler Courage engines I worked on has an inertia starter setup. They do bind as the top bushing next to the starter Bendix wears egg shape. Just recently replaced one that was binding on cold starts. It was only two years old. I was thinking it was battery voltage problem but eliminated that during the testing phase.

The kit with the relay is for solenoid shift starters where there is not enough voltage/current to fully shift the starter leading to either starter not even turning or turning but not have the starter Bendix fully engage with the flywheel ring gear.

double yellow

Threads
Thans for the imfo. Would a new starter cure the problem? Seams to me that the manufactor would recall junk pieces. Same goes for the auto manufactors.