Checked out All New ExMark 30in Mower Today

zort

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked out the new exmark 30inch mower today. Initial thoughts were good. motor sounds good and when the blades are engaged it sounds like its spinning real real agressive, for 170lbs feels nice, built solid, height adjustment is ideal and comes with bag, mulch plug and side discharge, throttle on the engine probably so it doesnt get hit by trees bushes etc. Price is $1,799.99 I have not seen the toro yet but i like the toro better on paper due to the way the self propelled handlebar set up is on the toro. I think the only thing I wasnt crazy about was the quality of cables looks cheep and the way the self propelled bail and bbc bail felt kinda cheep but thats about all i can complain about really. I did see that those are assembled in mexico for what its worth as the sticker indicated on it. Would like to see the toro next and I really wonder if people will buy these for 1800 instead of say honda and toro and exmark 21s that are 11-1400 bucks like why not spend a little more for the 30inch. Only thought to that is that most people dont even want to spend 1100 for a commercial 21 because they are cheep and would buy 2 garbage machines for 500 a piece and get 2 crap machines instead of 1 good one that will last for years. It should be interesting to see in a couple years if the 30inch mowers take off?

I've been using the new Exmark Commercial 30 lawn mower in Phoenix for over a month. I thought the $1800.00 price was reasonable considering the price of a decent quality commercial 36-inch walk-behind mower is approx. $3500.00. Since we haven't had measurable rain in Phoenix for over two months and most of my bermuda lawns are dry and slow growing, I haven't had a chance to fully test the mower's capabilities. Despite this, I'm extremely inpressed with this new machine. The motor is very quiet, the blades don't bog down when mowing through thick or tall grass, and the two 15 inch blades chop everything down to very fine particles when I use the mulching plug. Although, it is a heavier machine than the average 21 inch mower and it takes a little more effort to physically turn the mower around when mowing. I have used a Ferris commercial 36 inch walk-behind mower on my larger properties for the past 15 years with much satisfaction. The new commercial 30 is just as efficient, maybe better. I like having the catcher in the rear as apposed to the side of the deck. I don't have to constantly remove the catcher to maneuver the mower through narrow gates. I've saved money by using the mulching plug, as apposed the catcher, in hauling and landfill fees. The 6HP motor also saves money by using a lot less fuel than the Ferris. Overall, and again, I'm impressed!!! The true test will be longevity. I beat the hell out of my Ferris mowers and they never gave me a single problem. Hopefully, in time, the Commercial 30 will preform as well (or better) as my Ferris.