Can't find 30W oil anywhere in my area, or on line.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Please check all guns and knives at the door and no biting or hitting below the belt.

Bmwz3coupe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking for Castrol 30W oil and cannot find it anywhere, on-line or locally. I've checked AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly, Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot. So I decided to try for other brands, brands I recognize, not this cheap unknown stuff. The only straight 30W I can find is Super Tech but I have seen the independent wear test run on it and is ABSOLUTELY NOT as good as the nationally-recognized name brands.
ACE brand has there HD30 on sale for $3.49 qt this month.

jdwalsh

Forum Newbie
Threads
But the Briggs, Kawasaki, Kohler, Honda small engine oils have a high zinc content because of the higher operating temps of the air cooled engines,which auto oils don't contain.
Which is why I put a few Tbls of STP or GM EOS (engine oil supplement) in whatever oil I use in air-cooled four-strokes. You will then have a ZDDP content suitable for solid lifters. No need to use the waaaaay overpriced manufacturers oils.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Which is why I put a few Tbls of STP or GM EOS (engine oil supplement) in whatever oil I use in air-cooled four-strokes. You will then have a ZDDP content suitable for solid lifters. No need to use the waaaaay overpriced manufacturers oils.
If used correctly is fine, Problem is most people tend to overdose the oil. Nothing like pulling the side cover on a Kohler CH20 and the oil is the consistency of #2 grease.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wallymarts SuperTech SAE 30w already has it in there. It's SG rated for off road use. Remember how long ago SG was around? It's full of all the good stuff and easy on the wallet.