Can't find 30W oil anywhere in my area, or on line.

Alex Ethridge

Threads
  • / Can't find 30W oil anywhere in my area, or on line.
I'm looking for Castrol 30W oil and cannot find it anywhere, on-line or locally. I've checked AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly, Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot. So I decided to try for other brands, brands I recognize, not this cheap unknown stuff. The only straight 30W I can find is Super Tech but I have seen the independent wear test run on it and is ABSOLUTELY NOT as good as the nationally-recognized name brands.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking for Castrol 30W oil and cannot find it anywhere, on-line or locally. I've checked AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly, Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot. So I decided to try for other brands, brands I recognize, not this cheap unknown stuff. The only straight 30W I can find is Super Tech but I have seen the independent wear test run on it and is ABSOLUTELY NOT as good as the nationally-recognized name brands.
All SAE 30 HD passenger car oils are about the same. If you want to use a SAE 30 HD oil, get a jug of Shell Rotella T1 from Walmart. The pricier oils will be Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, Kawasaki, and etc.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Use Kawasaki KTech, it's formulated for air cooled small engines and runs $5.90 a quart at my John Deere dealer.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Amazon has Castrol HD 30W but me thinks it will be hard to find someone willing to pay what they are asking.

Alex Ethridge

Threads
Thanks to everyone.

I found Pennzoil 30W on e-bay for a reasonable price and ordered three quarts.

As for Briggs branded, Kawasaki, etc., I don't have confidence in those. Oil is just a sideline for them, AND they sell it in smaller packages at higher prices.

grumpyunk

Threads
The SuperTech may not be as good as some national brands. Well, you can do your changes on shorter intervals if you feel it does not provide adequate longevity. Checking the links, $10 for a quart of Pennzoil is a bit much for me. The Walmart links are less pricey at least right now. I cannot understand $40 for a gallon of 30W, no matter the brand.
I'd use the SuperTech as it meets the standards specified. These machines are not in the same class as a 1911 Harley so should not need more than the manufacturer required. To each their own as likely no one will agree with my comment. I use SuperTech 30 non-detergent in my B&S branded china compressor. Lots better than the muck that was in there when I got it.