Can someone please identify this push mower?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can't help ID the deck but I can say that I've had a few of those old Briggs engines over the years. I'm pretty sure that the engine was made in the early 1980s or before.

I've seen lots of "generic" mowers from those years with the Briggs engines. You're lucky the deck isn't rusted beyond repair.

Mad-Mike

Threads
Looks like a Franken Mower made of the following.....

Sycamore 19" deck - I don't know who made the Sycamore lawn mowers, except that a friend had one. They seemed to have been made between 1984 and 1990, and sold at Sears as a budget model small-width mower. That is definatley not the original handle, Sycamore used an hour-glass shaped handle with a zone control on it.

Briggs 80902 or 90902 series engine. 3 or 3.5 HP, System 2 Safety Control, looks like a franken-engine given the multiple colors (white parts). Could have been the original engine paired with replacements from a donor engine.

The handle looks like it came off of something made by Southland mower Corp of Selma Alabama. They made mowers under the name Southland, Vulcan, and Harts Pride, and were sold at West and Lowes back in the day.

The wheels are also not original, they look like the garden variety plastic wheels found on 20" 3.5 HP Push mowers in the 80's and 90's. Sycamore used wheels like those found on Weber and Aussie branded charcoal grills, full plastic, black, and with "whitewalls"

Hopefully I've been helpful here.

benski

Threads
Wow! What a fount of knowledge.:thumbsup:Knowing something well enough to see what's original and what's not takes a keen eye, and some time with the breed.:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just found this, regarding oil, you do not read all of it to receive enlightenment. :wink:

FerrariChat.com - FAQ: Motor Oil Articles by Dr. Ali E. Haas (AEHaas)

Thank you for the link.. interesting and a Lot of good information... unfortunately those that 'believe' whatever they believe, are not likely to abandon their way of thinking just because the facts show otherwise...

But your linked information puts a lot of information together in a handy spot for those interested ...
I just wish it were in a thread that had a title that included the words ... Engine Oil... it will likely get lost in this thread...
Thanks... :smile:KennyV

jamesslcx

Threads
Hello everyone, as to Haas oil article I think it is way overthought for the type of vehicles and equipment I use. I feel I get good service using the recommended lubricants, and service intervals. While I am thankful for all the advice on this site I am still undecided between synthetics and mineral oils, I use both and I am satisfied without more scientific proof and facts to back it up I will always wonder if synthetic is really better for my use. As for the "Franken mower it is still very cool! I would like to have it.