30" Walk behind.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've only seen 2 on craigslist. One was because he broke the deck and was selling for parts still wanted 1000. The other was a local guy that sells pre set up lawn trailers. His packages are a custom trailer one toro proline one toro turfmaster. Echo weedeater echo edger echo handheld blower. He sells these packages for 5k I would buy one but don't have 5k to blow next time I see the packages ill post a pic here its really a good deal with the trailer

sjessen

Threads
Finding a good 30" used self propelled push commercial is going to be hard to do. Not many people have one because of the cost involved and the people who do have one will be holding on to them.

Ric, actually I have seen several for sale recently on LawnSite. These are units that either the guys just did not like, it did not work for their business model , etc. Quite often, someone will purchase a unit, use it very little and then decide they no longer want it. Personal story, have found almost new commercial mowers for half price on EBay, etc. One has to diligent about checking the sites and be willing to act quickly.

One person's opinion here, the problems with these mowers are not due to the inability of the engineers to come up with a good product but rather the realities of meeting certain price points and profit margins. When other manufacturers enter the market the added competition will result in an improved product.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Time will also add a better product. I predict different transmissions in these machines.

sjessen

Threads
Time will also add a better product. I predict different transmissions in these machines.

Engines too. Am guessing the engine and trans manufacturers are all working on better versions of these components.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya even the kawi seems like it needs more power. It is the same engine that's on my toro. And it doesn't have that much power (enough for the 21" to so everything it needs to) but 9 more inches and 2 blades seems like it should have a 9-10hp engine

sjessen

Threads
Ya even the kawi seems like it needs more power. It is the same engine that's on my toro. And it doesn't have that much power (enough for the 21" to so everything it needs to) but 9 more inches and 2 blades seems like it should have a 9-10hp engine

It's about 20% better than the Briggs on the Timemaster and is fine for side discharge or bagging but it struggles a bit in heavy mulching. A 9 hp engine would be great if it had plenty of torque.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

You say you have Older commercial Toro with BBC and 5hp Suzuki Engine, that's not the kawasaki engine?? which Toro or model toro do you have??

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a new proline a little bit ago. Got tired of fixing the old one

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140706_101542.png
    ForumRunner_20140706_101542.png
    538.1 KB · Views: 23
  • ForumRunner_20140706_101557.png
    ForumRunner_20140706_101557.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 13

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Supposed to be getting a new 30" Time Master. Hopefully before the end of the week.

Mike88se

Threads
Supposed to be getting a new 30" Time Master. Hopefully before the end of the week.

I don't think you'll regret it. I've owned both and the biggest difference I've seen is the Turfmaster is built to stand up to more abuse, or lets say it doesn't need to be handled as carefully as far as everyday trailering and use by people who might not be as careful in handling it as the person who paid for it. The Turfmaster is a lot tougher. Also noticeably heavier and less nimble. And as has been mentioned the FJ180v KAI may be a great engine but it doesn't have the power to make the Turfmaster hands down better than the Timemaster.