30" Walk behind.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are any of you guys using one of the 30" walk behind mowers?

We are going to need something like that very soon. We have been putting it off but it is getting to be obvious it has to happen soon.

Mike88se

Threads
Are any of you guys using one of the 30" walk behind mowers?

We are going to need something like that very soon. We have been putting it off but it is getting to be obvious it has to happen soon.
I have a 30" Turfmaster if that helps. Pretty sure others here do too. I can't complain about it except for the bail. I liked the personal pace style of the Timemaster more than this.

mowerman05

Threads
exmark 30 here. just a little heavy to pull backwards. cuts nice

sjessen

Threads
I have both the Timemaster and the 30" Exmark. What questions do you have?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have both the Timemaster and the 30" Exmark. What questions do you have?

How fast is the Time Master? Right now we have a home owner 21" Snapper. It is so slow that much if the time we end up pushing it.

We run larger equipment and are not familiar with these type mowers.

sjessen

Threads
How fast is the Time Master? Right now we have a home owner 21" Snapper. It is so slow that much if the time we end up pushing it.

We run larger equipment and are not familiar with these type mowers.

I think it is close to 4 mph. All of the 30's struggle a bit on hills, the Timemaster perhaps the worst. That said, in normal use it goes as fast as most would want to walk. The cut is good, especially with the commercial blades. Timemaster is a bit low on power, especially mulching in thick grass. Mower has been a bit glitchy. Engine has had a governor issue. Nothing serious just niggling little things.

Saw you are using a home owner 21". If you like that mower other than the speed you should be happy with the Timemaster. Sometimes you can find a return at Home Depot for around $750. Most of the returns are because the drive cable needed adjusting and the purchaser thought the trans was going out.

My ideal 30" mower would be a Timemaster with the commercial kawi engine on the Turfmaster.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So buy a kawi engine.... The turfmaster is what like$2000? The time master is only 1000 a kawi engine can't possibly cost 1000... Couple cables a kawi engine and a few hours labor you can build one less than a turf master cost.

sjessen

Threads
So buy a kawi engine.... The turfmaster is what like$2000? The time master is only 1000 a kawi engine can't possibly cost 1000... Couple cables a kawi engine and a few hours labor you can build one less than a turf master cost.

The kawi engine on the turfmaster is about $350. Don't know what else would need to be changed. If I have some extra quarters I may try to do this over the winter.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I to fell in love with the toro personal pace system. The rest of that mower didn't hold up :( seems like a good match. The machine would be lighter and better drive system. Would probably need to find a way to configure the blade stop system I think that will be the hardest part. Front caster wheels are only $100 and would bolt on the front of the time master deck think about that machine

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never seen either. In the little towns around us there are no toro dealers that sell those type mowers. Down here every commercial guy I know runs zero turns. Few even have a push/walk behind on the trailer. If they can't cut it with a zero turn or a weedeater they don't cut it.