30" Walk behind.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I to fell in love with the toro personal pace system. The rest of that mower didn't hold up :( seems like a good match. The machine would be lighter and better drive system. Would probably need to find a way to configure the blade stop system I think that will be the hardest part. Front caster wheels are only $100 and would bolt on the front of the time master deck think about that machine

I see Time Master mowers listed at Home Depot with electric start. Do you recommend spending the extra for that?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe for residential users. Commercial its kinda pointless you have to charge the battery and makes it heavier. If you do it commercially man up and pull the cord :p

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I see Time Master mowers listed at Home Depot with electric start. Do you recommend spending the extra for that?

Push mowers with electric start aren't worth the money. I have one and the battery isn't worth anything, it basically has to be charged daily.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are any of you guys using one of the 30" walk behind mowers?

We are going to need something like that very soon. We have been putting it off but it is getting to be obvious it has to happen soon.

If your interested in a 30" mower just buy the Turfmaster or the 30 " Exmark and be done with it. It's well worth extra money. To buy the timemaster plus the kawasaki engine to replace the briggs would really be dumb, you'd have 1400$ plus in the stuff then have to build it, The Turfmaster can be purchased for like $1699. The problem with the Timemaster is that the Briggs 190cc engine doesn't have enough power for the twin blades and it plugs up and bogs down is what everyone says or claims.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If your interested in a 30" mower just buy the Turfmaster or the 30 " Exmark and be done with it. It's well worth extra money. To buy the timemaster plus the kawasaki engine to replace the briggs would really be dumb, you'd have 1400$ plus in the stuff then have to build it, The Turfmaster can be purchased for like $1699. The problem with the Timemaster is that the Briggs 190cc engine doesn't have enough power for the twin blades and it plugs up and bogs down is what everyone says or claims.

That is what I am looking at is the Toro Time Master. Problem for me is I do not know of a dealer close by for either. My dealer that sells the other equip was talking about taking on Toro and they did have Exmart and dropped it. Nobody around here uses those type mowers that I have seen.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The way I look at it is this. They are relatevly new machines only been on the market about a year or so. They are working on all the kinks and bugs still. From what I hear is that neither have enough ground speed, the timemaster is under powered, and the turfmaster is cumbersum and takes a lot of space on the trailer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The way I look at it is this. They are relatevly new machines only been on the market about a year or so. They are working on all the kinks and bugs still. From what I hear is that neither have enough ground speed, the timemaster is under powered, and the turfmaster is cumbersum and takes a lot of space on the trailer

As far as ground speed on self propelled push mower goes I don't think any have a ground speed of over about 4 mph including the above mentioned. Both the Time Master and Turf master are are the same size and the Turfmaster weighs a little more but is no more cumbersome than the other and with the KAI engine it actually mows easier than the Timemaster. As far as taking up space on the trailer, I'll gladly give up 9 inches when you consider it cuts my mowing time by a third over a 21" mower.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I was a kid mowing grass I had a push mower. I think it was a 21 or 22 inch.

We now have a 21" Snapper self propelled walk behind. We use it on some yards primarily inside fences ect.

We need something primarily that is faster. A 30" would be wonderful. Because there are so few operators in our area that use these type mowers I honestly do not know what to get.

I honestly do not know an operator in our area that uses a push mower or walk behind. I believe adding one will increase the quality of work we can offer.

sjessen

Threads
When I was a kid mowing grass I had a push mower. I think it was a 21 or 22 inch.

We now have a 21" Snapper self propelled walk behind. We use it on some yards primarily inside fences ect.

We need something primarily that is faster. A 30" would be wonderful. Because there are so few operators in our area that use these type mowers I honestly do not know what to get.

I honestly do not know an operator in our area that uses a push mower or walk behind. I believe adding one will increase the quality of work we can offer.

Look for a good used commercial 30". Have seen some in the $12-1300 range. I like the Timemaster for the lighter weight aspect. Otherwise, the commercial units are superior.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look for a good used commercial 30". Have seen some in the $12-1300 range. I like the Timemaster for the lighter weight aspect. Otherwise, the commercial units are superior.

Finding a good 30" used self propelled push commercial is going to be hard to do. Not many people have one because of the cost involved and the people who do have one will be holding on to them.