2 Older Toro mowers with totally different spark plugs????

crazy charlie

Threads
  • / 2 Older Toro mowers with totally different spark plugs????
I own 2 old Toro mowers.A recycler GTS2 and a GTS5 OHV ,Mowers look almost identical except that the Recycler with the GTS2 motor reads "Toro" on it. Both have same brand plug with twin electrodes, one is a 12 and the other is a 22 with significantly longer reach head on it.Totally different plugs....totally different.The Recycler gts2 Toro motor has the 12 plug and is never easy to start and often runs for 5 minutes and then cuts off and restarts easily in 5 mins. The GTS5 with the 22 plug starts pretty easily and keeps running as long as I need it to.ID tags are long gone with age .Confused with plug differences and assuming the recycler may've incorrect plug...???? Anyone???? Thanks Charlie

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the model and serial numbers for both units. With those numbers I can tell you what plug was used in both engines. Toro never used a split terminal spark plug in any of their units so I suspect someone has changed spark plugs in both.

crazy charlie

Threads
Post the model and serial numbers for both units. With those numbers I can tell you what plug was used in both engines. Toro never used a split terminal spark plug in any of their units so I suspect someone has changed spark plugs in both.
Thanks Rivets, I appreciate the offer to help. Unfortunately you missed one of the last lines in my post.These
are old machines and the tags are long gone.They deserve another look though.I will hose them down and have a closer look.Thanks again.Charlie

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you looked under the sheet metal panel which holds the controls?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
At least post a picture of the mowers. Maybe someone here can narrow it via visual ID.

I agree, never seen any split electrodes in a mower engine. Must be those E3 racing plugs with an extra 75HP each.

crazy charlie

Threads
Have you looked under the sheet metal panel which holds the controls?
At least post a picture of the mowers. Maybe someone here can narrow it via visual ID.

I agree, never seen any split electrodes in a mower engine. Must be those E3 racing plugs with an extra 75HP each.
Will check there for sure.Yes on the E3 plug .Thats the brand of plug that is in there and I have seen that in another of my machines......Dont recall which machine but I have surely seen that plug before.Charlie

crazy charlie

Threads
ok got some pics of both except the recycler tag.The pic came out bad and was under the control cover.These pics are
the one with the long reach dual head plug

Attachments

• gts5.jpg
    gts5.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 22
  • gts5 deck.jpg
    gts5 deck.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 45
  • gts5 tag.jpg
    gts5 tag.jpg
    879.4 KB · Views: 43

crazy charlie

Threads
This is the recycler with what looks to be a common plug ,this mower is not easy to start, not easy to pull and Im not a skinny whip..lol

Attachments

• recycler deck.jpg
    recycler deck.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 16
  • recycler motor .jpg
    recycler motor .jpg
    866.4 KB · Views: 17
  • recycler plug.jpg
    recycler plug.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 16

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is the owners manual for the unit model 26622, which lists the plug to use in that engine. https://www.toro.com/getpub/7920
The other unit has a Briggs engine and will use a Champion J19LM. Can’t get you a manual because you didn’t post the model number. Post back when you get the number or have more questions.

crazy charlie

Threads
Will do thanks much!! Charlie