Export thread

ZTR to Georgia Buggy conversion......

H

HoosierSam

A few months back,I acquired a Dixon 4516 from a chum with the idea of converting it into a small, self propelled wheel barrow/loader. The attached pics show what has been done to this point. While there are quite a few 'home brew' powered loaders on the 'Net,I've not seen anyone using a ZTR chassis as the basis for one. If any of the membership has done something similar,please share your experience (good and/or bad).

Attachments

H

HoosierSam

Update - add'l pics.Ready to install linear actuators.

Attachments

4getgto

4getgto

Cool idea . I see you did something different to the swivel wheels. Weren't heavy enough.?

H

HoosierSam

That's correct,the oem wheels were far too small for any serious weight carrying payload. These are from a 72" Exmark ZTR,each wheel/tire with a 480lb max rating(this vehicle will never carry any weight close to that limit). Also,the wheel track was increased 2" each side to allow the larger wheels to caster 360 deg.

H

HoosierSam

Recent progress regarding how to create a safeguard to prevent damage if tub is rotated past intended point and to dampen any potentially damaging stress/shock to winch when tub is loaded with heavier material. Bump stops will be added as well as a means to create resistance to keep cable taut as the tub reaches near vertical position.

Attachments

H

HoosierSam

The Franken-Dumper project is completed,these are the final pics to illustrate. Works great,tub capacity is 12 cu.ft.,empty weight is 530lb with gas/oil. The plate/bolt together chassis design of the DIXON made this conversion surprisingly easy....DSCN1257.JPGDSCN1261.JPG

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

That is awesome!

B

bertsmobile1

nice job