Zero turn choice

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have been told more than once...the smaller the better, when it comes to getting a good looking lawn...........
I tend to agree but I often see some 50" & 60" just that look darn good. It take more than just a great mowing machine. Fertilizer, weed control & water have a lot to do with how a yard grows and looks. The only thing else I can use to add to it as a great mowing deck.
But the trick is getting the right deck for your particular lawn and there is no such thing as a magic "best deck" for every lawn.
I love the cut of the articulated mowers & the Rider Pro series is the only Husqvarna I would ever advice some one buying
But it won't cut any more than 2" off the top and scalps badly at the bottom of even slight hills .
Big decks scalp because they are basically an upside down see-saw
The ones with the front links on the actual front cross member rather than the frame are less prone to this because the decks tilt with the front axels

Ron3

Threads
When we first moved in to this house I used a walk behind mower and got a great looking cut but now I am 74 years old with a heart problem and have to used a zero turn since I cannot walk far with out getting weak. I enjoy mowing and my little 42 inch zero turn and my small weed eater make that possible.I don’t get a bad cut but not as good as with my walk behind and I am still able to do my own mowing and for that I am thankful to God.

rpowell7223

Threads
Update: My brother who has been spending time looking at zero turns with me surprised me by buying a new toro timekeeper zeroturn for my birthday. I had to widen the gate which was no big deal. My choice was made for me but I’m not complaining because it’s free…

Ron3

Threads
Yea you should get many years service from the Toro. Congradulations.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Time cutters are good mowers but like all good mowers require maintenance.
As dad did the right thing by you, do the right thing by the mower & get a few sets of different types of blades to see which suits you & your grass .
Go to Torro's web page and download the parts & service manual for your mower and get familiar with them.
The only reoccuring problem with them is the brake module which is prone to failure and that renders the mower inoperable.
I have 3 contractors who use their timecutters commercially without any problems.
The other big thing to get into the habit of doing is checking the oil EVERY time you go to mow.
The Loncin engine has a very small sump & oil capacity and running even with a slightly low oil level can lead to engine failure .
Too much & you will never have a mosquito problem.

rpowell7223

Threads
As dad did the right thing by you, do the right thing by the mower & get a few sets of different types of blades to see which suits you & your grass .
Go to Torro's web page and download the parts & service manual for your mower and get familiar with them.
The only reoccuring problem with them is the brake module which is prone to failure and that renders the mower inoperable.
I have 3 contractors who use their timecutters commercially without any problems.
The other big thing to get into the habit of doing is checking the oil EVERY time you go to mow.
The Loncin engine has a very small sump & oil capacity and running even with a slightly low oil level can lead to engine failure .
Too much & you will never have a mosquito problem
Too much & you will never have a mosquito problem.
It is a toro timecutter 75750 with the Kawasaki. Maintenance is always high on my list and I’ll look into the brake module.