z225 zero turn

smitty81rc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a z225 zero turn lawnmower i bought it used and had to replace the the ignition switch. I replaced it and it fired right up i mowed for 1hr and parked it. When i turned it off the starter was still going. then it wouldn't start. so i replaced the solenoid and the starter. Now the engine will only turn over 2 rotations and stop. If i take the spark plug out the engine will turn over just fine but when i put the spark plug back in the engine will only turn 2 rotations and stop. I dont know much about engines any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would take the battery out and have it tested at any auto parts store. they should test it for free. If not the battery then post back you engine model numbers so we can give more directed advice.

smitty81rc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would take the battery out and have it tested at any auto parts store. they should test it for free. If not the battery then post back you engine model numbers so we can give more directed advice.
Thanks i did that and bought a new one it fixed it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was suspecting that the stuck solenoid causing the starter to run the whole time may of damaged the battery due to the high load and possibly the starter spinning could of acted like an unregulated generator creating too high of an amperage or voltage feedback.