Export thread

Z force SZ 48 just started leaking transaxle fluid end of winter and is getting worse

R

RBORGES66

1. has anybody ran into transaxle fluid leaking badly - started over winter when I pulled it out to mow in spring I noticed and figured that the cold had bypassed some fluid passed the seals - it is on left side leaking or winding up on the left side and I am getting ready to look at it now to see if a vent tube is off or something but never done anything like this before.

Dana 44/Chevy all day long but HST without manual - I should be all right but I heard somebody on the RZT say there were two sides and like 48 ounces - not sure of the fluid total because I misplaced the manual so I couldn't find it? Until I see it 4 months from now under a carburetor or tool box.

2. Any help on the specifics of the Z force SZ 48 inch deck would be great?

3. Also, Has anybody moved up to 54 or 60 inch deck on a SZ48 - I don't like that the tires run over stuff I miss with the deck? If I had a larger deck the tires would miss the bush, brick etc.

4. Is there a best place and best manual for maintenance - lot of bad places of download manuals - they are a trap.

5. Sorry for all the newbie questions but I just joined the forum and looking for help

Have a super day!!!

I

ILENGINE

Having the numbers off of the sticker on the hydrostat drives would help us to help you. Without out knowing what drive you have we are operating blind.