Export thread

Your favorite pastime

R

ReggieDeere

When it's a nice day and all the work is done, what activities do you enjoy doing to pass the time. I'm a big fan of hiking personally. I love the mountains!:biggrin:

K

KennyV

favorite pastime ... = Mowing :biggrin:

R

ReggieDeere

I love mowing too, but I meant besides mowing, working in the yard, anything that qualifies as work. Something that is purely recreational.:wink:

favorite pastime ... = Mowing :biggrin:

S

Stevie-Ray

Shooting, handloading, ballistics.

H

harleyron74

Motorcycles and 4X4 trucks. I have A 1938 Harley EL (Knucklehead) with a sidecar and A 1976 Harley FLH Police Special. I also have A 1969 BMW R-69S motorcycle, I also have A 1995 Ford Bronco, A 1995 Ford F-150 Super cab, A 1979 Ford F-350 and A 1979 Dodge D-150, Repairing them has become A full time avocation for me.
I also like to weld (A handy skill to have if you own old iron) I have 7 welding rigs 2 gas,one MIG,one TIG and 3 arc.Seems like A lot but they are at different locations and most have followed me home from auctions. I bought the MIG new and it cost me the most at around 500 bucks but the rest only ran around 200 bucks apiece on average.
In my younger days chasing women was A hobby of mine until I nearly got caught by A couple of them so i gave it up for safer pastimes.

Good Luck!
H.R.

R

Rip

I like to sit around and think about things I need to be doing.

rip:biggrin:

B

buffalohunter

Shooting, handloading, ballistics.

Ditto

buffalohunter:drink:

Z

Zeroturn

Oh my... really who thinks mowing is their favorite thing? It's something that has to be done so it gets done. I would rather be swimming, hiking, camping, biking, sleeping, reading a great book while laying on the hammock.
That is why we bought the zero-turn... so we could cut our mowing time in half.

mystreba

mystreba

Without question, it's building stuff. I can honestly say that 100% of my home is under some form of construction. Reconfiguring roofs, replacing windows, moving staircases, gutting bathrooms... the list goes on and on. I'm lucky to have a wife who understands my "passion". If she came home tomorrow and the side of the house was gone, replaced with plastic sheeting, she wouldn't blink an eye (this actually happened). I have at least 50 projects going, and I've managed to get this far without being officially diagnosed with ADHD :wink:

G

Greenblades

I love sitting out in the netted gazebo and watching the fireflies come out right before it gets dark...you know, when there' s that blue cast over everything. Especially I love smelling the grass and trees when its moist and breezy.

J

JimmyWeb

I couldn't of said it any better my friend. Doing all of those things are my idea of a good time. I do have to ad kayaking and waterskiing to that list also.:smile:

Oh my... really who thinks mowing is their favorite thing? It's something that has to be done so it gets done. I would rather be swimming, hiking, camping, biking, sleeping, reading a great book while laying on the hammock.
That is why we bought the zero-turn... so we could cut our mowing time in half.

D

de dee

I couldn't of said it any better my friend. Doing all of those things are my idea of a good time. I do have to ad kayaking and waterskiing to that list also.:smile:

70 years ago walking through the mountains up to the snow line, was my past-time, now I love riding my tractor ,snow blower ,plow and mower , and riding my 300i downtown kymco scooter, cant walk worth a damn, but I can ride all day,. longest ride 550 miles, to the east coast,. then up and down the coast for a few days then home sweet home,

When all is said & done, I still get a kick outta chasing my OL around the house.. :thumbsup:

2nd would be attending our local car-club cruise nites. On the bikes or in my old Chevy panel Tk..

D

de dee

When all is said & done, I still get a kick outta chasing my OL around the house.. :thumbsup:

2nd would be attending our local car-club cruise nites. On the bikes or in my old Chevy panel Tk..

if I chased the OL she would get out the honey do jar , and tell me you have to much energy, WORK!!! 82 years old so I don,t do that any more,.

Smart man... In a few weeks I'm fixing to hit 60, so maybe I'll wise up by then too.

L

Lrobby99

Bicycling.
Motorcycling.
Game of Thrones.
In that order.

L

Lalett

I enjoy reading. This is my most important hobby. I read a lot, especially in winter. For a month I have time to read 10 books. I recently finished reading the Big Little Lie (maybe you watched the same series). I really liked it. Now I'm looking for more books by this author. I found a lot of her books, but I'm not sure which one to start. I like the literature of different genres, but most of all thrillers and detectives.

H

helomech

Shooting, and martial arts.

tom3

tom3

Browsing the Lawnmower forum, Daily thread for one, only for the articles of course.

S

SidecarFlip

Easy answer.... Sleeping past 8am.

Easy answer.... Sleeping past 8am.

I like that as well....

A

Aleks

Travelling is my hobby. I am a single male and I travel frequently alone mostly because no one else has the funds or time to travel like me. It's my passion, so I just go. I also travel with friends and meet friends around the world when they are available. If not, I'm on my own.

It's wonderful. I do everything alone that I do with friends... maybe more! Eat, drink, dance salsa or tango, walk, tour, go to movies, hang out at the parks, ride a bike, go to beach, work on suntan, watch fireworks, read books, daydream, ride metro and bus passes, rent cars and drive outside cities or between cities, rent motorcycles, go to museums, play games here.

In other words - My hobby is to live my only life - to enjoy it.

FrankInNC

FrankInNC

Mostly coaching football. Other than that, I find my zen with mowing/lawn care.

H

hbwb

I like to sit around and think about things I need to be doing.

rip:biggrin:
Wow, best laugh I had all day. In fact it is the only laugh I had today as I am home by myself, except my dog rusty.

I can relate as I have so many things I want to do, projects and all, but it has been so hot I have not bothered. The fact I am a bit lazy has not helped.
I got a motorcycle that needs fixing. A mower that needs a valve that someone gave me. My regular mower is acting up which drove me to register here but I am glad I did.

Anyway thanks for the laugh.

I

ironhead3fan

I like to get on my Harley and do my best to empty out a tank of gas or 2 in a day, whatever time allows.

okiepc

okiepc

Home brewing, 4-7 times a year in 8 gallon batches. I can't think of a hobby that rewards better than brewing good beer. I can make better beer than I can buy & much, much cheaper, the real thing.
So after mowing there is always a cold brew or 4 waiting. :licking::licking:
I like to do other things too, if I have time & energy. :laughing: