Export thread

Yet another query

T

topconker

This time regarding the 2 studs that fit through the elbow intake tube to the carb itself. What size are these two studs as they were thrown away before I got hold of the motor?

R

Rivets

Duh, what engine do you have? Ford small block, Chevy big block, Dodge in-line 6, Kubota diesel, etc. Engine numbers would also help.

T

topconker

It's a Kohler K141

R

Rivets

A spec number would have been helpful, but most are the same. Kohler part number 220133-S. Stud size is 1/4 X 20 X 1 7/8”

T

topconker

Thanks Rivets, I'm looking at the elbow manifold at the moment and it appears it needs studs that are approx. 3" long. Where would I be abe to get these from?

R

Rivets

Need spec number and any other pertinent info.

T

topconker

I have a photo of the elbow but can't seem to attach it to this thread can you help?

T

topconker

Model K141T
Spec 29402D
Serial 5217622

T

topconker

1586707491522.png

T

topconker

1586707547385.png

R

Rivets

What is mounted on the top of that elbow, an air filter housing?

T

topconker

Yes theold style with oil in the bottom of it

R

Rivets

Ok, probably a 12 X 24 or 12 X 32 screw, not a stud. Go down to any hardware store and you should be able to get them, nothing special. Some of the real old ones had a bolt and nut.

T

topconker

Rivets, thanks for your continuing help. I know this sounds like a daft question, but I don't know what the 12 X 24 or 12 X 32 screw measurements actually are. Does the 12 mean diameter and the 24 or 32 mean length?

R

Rivets

In the smaller screw sizes, numbers are used instead of fractions. 12 is the screw size and 24 or 32 is the number of threads per inch, depending if it is fine or course.

T

topconker

OK thank you that makes sense