Engine Yard Man 14AW804H401 runs rich, is there a carb adjustment I can do?

olyson

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Yard Man 14AW804H401 runs rich, is there a carb adjustment I can do?
I am new to this form, so here goes. I have a Yard Man garden tractor, about a 2001 with a CV20 Kohler command engine. Just purchased it and has only 160 hours on the meter. I think it has sat alot, runs good with lots of power, but runs rich, especially at idle. I have adjusted the low idle screw and the idle speed. You can smell the rich mixure when mowing and see it smoke a little when idleing. I don't know if I need a new carboretor or maybe a rebuild kit. Of course there are no engine tags left on for identification, but I do have the manual for the motor. Any assistance would be appreciated. Where does one find a new carb or rebuild kit? Thanks, Oly

Attachments

• yardman 001.jpg
    yardman 001.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 6

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads

olyson

Forum Newbie
Threads
HERES A START... Partstree.com - Genuine replacement parts for Toro, Echo, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Lawn Boy (Lawnboy), lawn equipment (lawn mowers, saws, blowers, trimmers, snow blowers) and Tecumseh, Kohler and Briggs and Stratton Engines. ......THE FLOAT VALVE COULD BE LEAKING....DONT ADJUST IDLE SPEED WITHOUT TACHOMETER.........THE IDLE SCREW LEANS OUT TURNING RIGHT AND ENRICHEN TURNING LEFT..........MAKE SURE YOU RUN IT FOR 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOU THINK ITS SMOKING :thumbsup:

Thank you Reddragon! I ordered the cab kit, installed it and it runs so much better. Only a little smoke on cold start up now. The needle valve was all corroded, but repaced most of the other parts that were in the kit. Thanks again, runs like a top now. Oly:biggrin:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
great to hear..:thumbsup: