Export thread

Yard Machine rider dies when PTO engages

M

mogas

Hey guys I've got this yellow and green rider its about a 2005 with an electric pto, when i have the brake pressed in the pto will engage if i take the brake off the engine will die. If the brake is on the reverse will work if i release the brake the reverse will shut down the engine. The seat switch is working, if the engine is running and brake is off the engine will shut off if i get off the rider. I replaced the pto switch and relay. The brake and seat switch seem to be fine. I think it might be another safety please help

S

shiftsuper175607

Hey guys I've got this yellow and green rider its about a 2005 with an electric pto, when i have the brake pressed in the pto will engage if i take the brake off the engine will die. If the brake is on the reverse will work if i release the brake the reverse will shut down the engine. The seat switch is working, if the engine is running and brake is off the engine will shut off if i get off the rider. I replaced the pto switch and relay. The brake and seat switch seem to be fine. I think it might be another safety please help

You will have to supply the model and engine number for the guys to look at the wiring diagram.

M

mogas

Ok the mower model is 13at604g401 MTD

lugnut1

lugnut1

check it for correct wiring of circuits, ( such as miss pronged wire, crossed wire, short,etc.)
is it possible that something is binding in the pto/driveline causing engine to stall?

wiring diagram:
MTD 13AT604G401 - Yard-Man Lawn Tractor (1999) Electrical Diagram and Parts List | PartsTree.com