Yard Machine P510

Double_D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lately, my Yard Machine push mower has been acting up. I can use it for 5-10 minutes, and then it will stall. I have to wait about an hour before I am able to get it started. All that I have done so far is replace the gas with ethanol free gas. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what might be the issue?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Lets start with the actual model and serial number from the tag on the mower since P510 really doesn't mean much. Also numbers from the engine may also help.

Double_D

Forum Newbie
Threads

Model # 123-848F401​

sn - 1P51NUA2009231A0775

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Next time it stalls try loosening the gas cap and see if it will restart. Also could try putting a small amount of gas into the carb intake and see if it starts and dies or continues to run. Or doesn't start at all.

May want to recheck the model number because it is coming back to a 1993 model, And I know that year didn't use MTD branded engines and didn't use the P510 style numbering.

Double_D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Man, I don't know what I was smoking. :)
Try this: 11a-02my700

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
May also want to pop the fuel line loose from the carb and check fuel flow through the fuel line. Should be full flow and if trinkling out means fuel restriction. I have seen the fuel filter that gets inserted into the fuel outlet on the fuel tank collapse and cause flow issues. Also some of the MTD carbs have an internal screen in the fuel inlet elbow that you can't directly access, but will catch debris that will cause flow restrictions into the carb bowl, and depending on what it is can be almost impossible to get out.