XT2 Gx54d K62 Transmission Service Questions

2020GX54dLover

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. Today at 86 hours I decided to drain the hydrostatic side of my 2020 k62 transmission and see how it looked. All was easy until the refill.

I slowly got the 1.2 liters back in the hydrostatic side that initially drained. It was tedious and I ended up manually pushing and pulling the tractor and got a lot of air out.

It then took me many more rounds of the wheels off the ground and purging the system. My hydrostatic reservoir after it has cooled is back to the level where it's always been. Which is right on lowest hash mark on the reservoir.

Any recommendations on fluids other than tuff torque $50 for 3 liters? Also, any tips on filling and purging?

Lastly, I've read that the gear side and hydrostatic side actually are not sealed off from each other. What's the low down on this?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Any recommendations on fluids other than tuff torque $50 for 3 liters? Also, any tips on filling and purging?

Lastly, I've read that the gear side and hydrostatic side actually are not sealed off from each other. What's the low down on this?
Mobile One 15W50 Synthetic should work. But it can be hard to get right now.

And it is a normal design for most hydrostatic transaxles. The only draw back is if you blow an axle seal which would drain most of the oil out.