Export thread

X575 Fuel Pump

Retiredcarguy

Retiredcarguy

Hello, Is there any experience out there on replacing a X575 fuel pump. The removal of the rear fender and attached fuel tank seems to be a challenge. Thank you JD owners!

M

mechanic mark

How to Install the Fuel Pump on a John Deere X575 | eHow

OMM148365_E2 Information for your JD x575. Scroll down left side of screen.

M

Mikel1

Not sure about that link? I bet you he wishes it was there, though.
This fuel pump is in the tank. Going to take longer to take apart than to put the new fuel pump on.

Retiredcarguy

Retiredcarguy

Thanks guys. It all worked out very well yesterday after just a few hours of tractor fun.

The fuel pump and sender assembly is automotive style. After removing left and right fender bolts, tank support, seat and mount, 4WD lever knob and a few harness connections it came off relatively easily. The pump R&R was also easy. See the photo.

X575Fuelcell.jpg

T

Tom575X

Thanks guys. It all worked out very well yesterday after just a few hours of tractor fun.

The fuel pump and sender assembly is automotive style. After removing left and right fender bolts, tank support, seat and mount, 4WD lever knob and a few harness connections it came off relatively easily. The pump R&R was also easy. See the photo.

View attachment 20445
I would like to get in touch with you as I think I am having the same problem. with my 575x. JD replaced it once before and it seems to be repeating it again. It seems like some dirt or debris e collects on the bottom and clogs the filter. After a few minutes it can be restarted until it stops again. This time I had to choke it to get it going for a few seconds to get it running so I could just get it into the garage! I would like to try to fix it myself as $$cost is so high from JD dealer. If I could contact you (or someone) who did this it would be great. I am not sure how to get the shifter knob off - thinking it is screwed on?? Any help would be appreciated.

T

Tom575X

Not sure about that link? I bet you he wishes it was there, though.
This fuel pump is in the tank. Going to take longer to take apart than to put the new fuel pump on.
I would like to get in touch with you as I think I am having the same problem. with my 575x. JD replaced it once before and it seems to be repeating it again. It seems like some dirt or debris e collects on the bottom and clogs the filter. After a few minutes it can be restarted until it stops again. This time I had to choke it to get it going for a few seconds to get it running so I could just get it into the garage! I would like to try to fix it myself as $$cost is so high from JD dealer. If I could contact you (or someone) who did this it would be great. I am not sure how to get the shifter knob off - thinking it is screwed on?? Any help would be appreciated. I have sent this message to another person as well for help.