x350 - Hit Tree Root

Chad5207

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All - I have a new x350 42” deck. Today, I hit a small surface tree root and the tractor immediately shut off.

When looking underneath, the blade was stuck in the tree root and after starting the tractor back up, I was able to rock the tractor back and forth and loosen it from the root. The blade appeared to be slightly bent and there was noticeable vibration when turning on the PTO, so I replaced the blades.

my question is, do these machines have safety built in to immediately shut down PTO and engine when the blade gets jammed, or did I potentially damage the machine? With the new blades, It appears to working okay.

Thanks, in advance!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is no safety shutdown for self protection, so the potential for damage is there. If it is mowing even then most likely you are fine.

Chad5207

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is no safety shutdown for self protection, so the potential for damage is there. If it is mowing even then most likely you are fine.
Thank you for the information. Hopefully it is okay.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Air up your tires this happens every spring. People break out their mower and don't air up the tires and the tree root, rock etc. you mower over last year plays got you.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes the flywheel key will shear but seems yours is just fine . More often on a direct drive blade opposed to a belt driven blade .