X340 stalls when brake/clutch released

Kensterfly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. New Guy here. We have an X340 that is in very good shape. It's been sitting for a while. This morning it started up pretty quickly but died as soon as I released the clutch/brake pedal. I let it warm up for quite a while but it kept stalling. (This is with me sitting in the seat.) I reached underneath and manually pushed in the clutch/Brake plunger switch. The tractor started fine but as soon as I released that switch, it died.

Seems to me that the switch must be bad. Can it be that easy? Is there something else I should look for?

Thanks!

Retiredcarguy

Threads
How is it going on this? Engine warmup aside, a low battery charge may possibly also cause this. Since the clutch is a high current device, as the combined load with the deck may be causing the stall.

Does it stall when engaging at normal engine temps?
Do it stall after assuring that the battery is fully charged?

How long was your X340 sitting around? Possible stale fuel causing the stall?

Kensterfly

Forum Newbie
Threads
How is it going on this? Engine warmup aside, a low battery charge may possibly also cause this. Since the clutch is a high current device, as the combined load with the deck may be causing the stall.

Does it stall when engaging at normal engine temps?
Do it stall after assuring that the battery is fully charged?

How long was your X340 sitting around? Possible stale fuel causing the stall?

Thank you for your reply. The tractor is operated frequently with fresh fuel. It always fires right up immediately but started to die instantly when I released the brake/clutch. After some thought and guidance from others I determined the problem was in the seat safety switch. The connector cable was not snugly holding to the four prongs in the seat switch connection. I tweaked the prongs a wee bit which gave me a tighter connection.

Problem solved!