Export thread

X300

C

ChrisDGolden

Having problems starting the mower
>10 years old, new battery, new relay, experienced with this mower. Seat switch works, solenoid appears to be good, just get 1 click when I turn the key. Wires all look solid

C

ChrisDGolden

Oh, and serviced recently - oil change and lube

B

bertsmobile1

Check the valve lash clean the carb & check that the choke is fully closing

gotomow

gotomow

Did you bench test the solenoid?

tom3

tom3

Sometimes you can hit the starter several times and it will make connection and start. Not actually hit the starter with a hammer but turn the key to start several times. That pin points the solenoid being the problem.

C

ChrisDGolden

I had turned the key to start and saw voltage. Is there another way? (I do have a multimeter)

tom3

tom3

If you're seeing voltage at the terminal on the starter you either have a bad starter or the motor is locked. Will the motor turn over by hand? If so I'd look into the actual starter motor being shot.

gotomow

gotomow

Check voltage at the starter motor. If you get 12v then starter is toasty. Here Taryl shows you all you need to know.Solenoid test + more

Richandtd

Richandtd

My x324 has a slow drain on the battery when left hooked up and will only give the one click if under 80% charge so I put a wing nut on one battery terminal and only hook up then I need it. All I know is my system works for my x324 that I bought new in 07.