Wrong way Coregan

Skizick

Forum Newbie
Trying to mow some lawn the other day and was having a really tough time. Durn thing just won't cut. Not too much to go wrong with a Neuton electric. Blade is sharp. Battery is up. Wait a gal darn minute! This thing's spinning backwards! What now? Are there Diodes or some such stuff that may have failed. I thought the thing was DC from start to finish. I took it apart to clean the insides once but didn't disconnect anything. I thought I hooked up something backwards but the wire lengths wouldn't allow a switch in positions. Any Ideas. Thanks, Skizick
 
Check the battery connection wires. I would think they would be the easiest to cross. Should be about the same size.
 
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :thumbsup:
 
Well, I took the motor out of the mower and took the brush end loose and turned it 180deg. The little rascal spins the correct direction now. Usually motors, starters and that sort of stuff have a register that won't allow them to be assembled but one way. The Neuton can be assembled either way. Gona mow a little grass tonight, God willin and the crick don't rise. Ciao for now, Skizick.
 
Check the battery connection wires. I would think they would be the easiest to cross. Should be about the same size.
Hey BlazNT,
Thanks for the response. The battery is a cassette style and can only hookup one way. The problem was with me. Last time I had the motor apart to clean, I put the brush end of the motor back on 180deg out. I didn't know that was possible. Wrong! All is well now. I put marks on the motor and brush housings to keep them matched up right. Ciao for now, Skizick
 
Back
Top