Export thread

would you?

krispykremer

krispykremer

would you ever pray to god to bring you the next lottery numbers,,though gambling is a sin?? :biggrin:

JDgreen

JDgreen

would you ever pray to god to bring you the next lottery numbers,,though gambling is a sin?? :biggrin:

I don't gamble, so praying for that reason would be moot. Better to pray for something more valuable, like the improved health of a friend or family member, or that those close to you don't lose their jobs, homes, etc.

While on the subject of God, those who watch "Wheel of Fortune" on TV must be familiar with the contestants who scream "Oh my God, Oh my God" when they win a prize on the final spin. It disgusts me that those people take his name in vain. Did He send them the solution to the puzzle? I think not.
:thumbdown:

M

mois25

My thoughts are we tend to associate any kind of success with God and subconsciously tend to refer to Him in the event that something good happens.

I am not sure I would participate in a lottery and expect to win because I hate the publicity that would be accompanying me.

K

KennyV

gambling is a sin?? :biggrin:

Life is a gamble... if you are doing it right. :smile:KennyV

T

touree

Interesting point of view Kenny. Calling it gambling is kind of over stretching it. I think 'trying your luck' sums it up in a few words.

Why dare to look behind your back after winning a lottery?

K

KennyV

'trying your luck' sums it up in a few words.

With that I think I'll buy a lotto ticket.... .... I'll let you know how my luck runs... :biggrin:
:smile:KennyV

I will gamble that I make it to the store OK, to pick it up....:laughing:

173abn

173abn

I don't pray to win but I'd sure say a lot of thank yous if I won. And then I 'd build a few orphanges in Vietnam,Iraq and Afghastian and put a few of our kids that lost moms and dads in the present wars through school. russ

JDgreen

JDgreen

My thoughts are we tend to associate any kind of success with God and subconsciously tend to refer to Him in the event that something good happens.

I am not sure I would participate in a lottery and expect to win because I hate the publicity that would be accompanying me.

Well stated about associating success with God....I have more tolerance for the contestants now.

I have a favorite saying....

Many people say money cannot buy happiness, which may very well be true. But can anyone explain to me why I am so miserable when I am broke?

A

abeja_reina_1989

Well, I'm not sure if I believe in God, but if I did pray, I would totally do something like that.

M

monica123

Life is a gamble... if you are doing it right. :smile:KennyV

I do believe that life is a gamble, the choices we make and decisions we make every day are a gamble. I believe in karma, you give what you give.

K

KennyV

I believe in karma,

If you have to believe in something ... I think karma is hard to beat... :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

lizard

lizard

Ever wonder what 'LUCK'.......stands for?
Well in Australia this the true meaning of 'LUCK'.
LABOUR UNDER CAREFULL KNOWLEDGE.
People should not use the Lords name in vain.....period.
Anyhow this is a lawnmowing forum!:eek::eek:

K

KennyV

Anyhow this is a lawnmowing forum!:eek::eek:

AND we are lucky to have it.... :smile:KennyV

lizard

lizard

Great to see people put some input in.......and the only thing stopping yourself doing something is 'Yourself'.........Just do it:wink:

adan

adan

I pray. I mean, at one time I thought I didn't. But at my age I now admit that I have said a lot of things that were, in fact, prayers. For example, when I sign my name on a raffle ticket, I do pray that my number would be picked :)

So, to answer KrispyKreme's question, I would imagine myself praying that I've picked the right number in the unlikely event that I decide to buy a lotto ticket. Why not?

But as KennyV has seemed to point out, God is not an oracle. He has better things to do than being one.

lizard

lizard

Remember you have to be in it to win it........the more you play the more likely you may win in your lifetime.:biggrin: