Export thread

woodworker40

J

Jerry D.

I just bought my Simplicity 42" Regent, and I am not happy with it. I have a slope that I could mow with my old mower with no problem, but this one I can't stay on the seat I slide to the edge which makes it hard to mow. It's also rough riding I am so sorry I bought it I tried to return it but the dealer would not take it back that was the very next day.

I don't know what I am going to do, but one thing I don't think I will have it long. I do like the turning radius, but that's about all I like about it.

D

Darryl G

Have you checked your tire pressures? They may still be at shipping pressure rather than the recommended operating pressure.

J

Jerry D.

Yes I did check the pressure and as you said it did have the higher pressure in them 29 in the front and 20 in the back. I changed it to 14 in the front an 10 in the back. The book said 12 or 14 for the front. Thanks for your suggestion.

D

Darryl G

Yeah, that should smooth out the ride considerably.

M

mechanic mark

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/support/contact-us.html

i would contact Simplicity customer service by phone or email, let them know you are not satisfied & want your money back. click on frequently asked questions, general information, what would you like to contact us about? scroll down click on product service/ warranty & fill out page. be sure to give them dealers name & location & what he told you, no returns. your Regent should have warranty of 90 days or more. customer service 1-800-837-6836 let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/contact-us.html

contact Briggs & Stratton, they own Simplicity

D

Darryl G

With all due respect, I doubt that they're going to do anything about their seat being slippery...

J

Jerry D.

I would like to ad a cover over the exit so I can use mulching blades without spending $200 plus dollars for the kit has anyone done this?

J

Jerry D.

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/support/contact-us.html

i would contact Simplicity customer service by phone or email, let them know you are not satisfied & want your money back. click on frequently asked questions, general information, what would you like to contact us about? scroll down click on product service/ warranty & fill out page. be sure to give them dealers name & location & what he told you, no returns. your Regent should have warranty of 90 days or more. customer service 1-800-837-6836 let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

I did contact the company and they said I would have to talk to the dealer about that. The company was of no help at all.

J

Jerry D.

With all due respect, I doubt that they're going to do anything about their seat being slippery...

It's not slippery its just the shape it has that lets me slide to the edge.

D

Darryl G

It's not slippery its just the shape it has that lets me slide to the edge.
I see. Still doesn't sound like a fatal flaw. It makes it easier to transition to sitting on the fender for those really steep slopes. :laughing:

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Simplicity section.