Export thread

Woo Hoo, I got got stim-U-lated

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Time for some hot wings and a new big screen TV (In my best Larry the cable guy voice)

Maybe a case of 10w30 too.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

need to tell the treasury department and the IRS like they tell us, "Okay it's tax (stimulus payment) day, send us your money, if not you'll be penalized"

That money is not taxable.. And the amount won't stretch too far..

B

bertsmobile1

Time for some hot wings and a new big screen TV (In my best Larry the cable guy voice)

Maybe a case of 10w30 too.
Enjoy it while you can because you will end up paying back 10 fold.
We have really good packages down here
However like 60% of small business I don't qualify because my annual turn over is too low.
But when they go into payback mode I bet it won't be .

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

The way we are printing money and increasing the debt and handing out money like it is candy plus all the foreign aid to half the countries of the world we are screwed. They will just raise taxes and keep raising them so my grandkids are screwed.

tom3

tom3

Two things here. Interest rates are almost zero, borrow big money and the monthly/annual payment is pretty low considering. And flooding the world with dollars devalues today's dollar so that at some time in the future it's worth about 50 cents. Our stuff sells much better overseas while their (China) imports cost more here. Gold is looking pretty good these days.

B

bertsmobile1

The USA has been technically bankrupt since the Vietnam war
That was the reason for floating the US $ and dropping the currency gold standard.
The USA no longer had enough gold to cover the debt.
And the debt has gotten bigger ever since.

From what I can see happening Russia & China are conspiring to trash the US $ some time in the future .
China now has more USA bonds than any other country and is heading towards having more than the rest of the planet added together.
Russia & China are both subsantially increasing their strategic gold reserves and they are buying most of it from the USA .
China has established an oil futures index and is pushing for smaller countries they are propping up to abandon the NY futures and switch to the China futures .
The single biggest thing that creates demand for US $ is oil and if demand for US $ drops so will it's value.
Then a sell off of US $ bonds at a discounted rate by China & Russia will send the US into a 3rd world economy with the only way out a massive sell off and / or hyper inflation .
The Renminbi is now one of the recognised 8 world reserve curriencies and is ranked as number 3 behind the Euro & US $ way ahead of the ¥ & £ .
Apparently as Swiss banks open up to scrutiny a lot of customers are shifting their annonomus Swiss bank accounts to Chinese bank accounts that are totally closed to foreign scrutiny .
Because it is around 10% to 50% undervalued ( depends who's numbers you pick ) a lot of smaller nations are also buying Renminbi as a hedge against inflation .

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Time to bury that million in mayonaise jars in the backyard and try to find another case of ammo.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

So Bert, you buying Renminbi or Bitcoin? You need to find somewhere to stash all that money.

B

bertsmobile1

Two things here. Interest rates are almost zero, borrow big money and the monthly/annual payment is pretty low considering. And flooding the world with dollars devalues today's dollar so that at some time in the future it's worth about 50 cents. Our stuff sells much better overseas while their (China) imports cost more here. Gold is looking pretty good these days.

The problem with that Tom is almost all of your hard goods are just Chinese hard goods rebadged & sold internally.
Even the stuff that is "made in America" is generally fabricated from parts & asemblies that originate in China
Again this is intentional because once a factory closes down in a First world economy it is near impossible to revive it
The long term aim is to destroy all First world manufacturing and to date they are doing just that

B

bertsmobile1

So Bert, you buying Renminbi or Bitcoin? You need to find somewhere to stash all that money.
I was technically bankrupt in 2002
Then legislated out of business in 2006
So gave up any idea of a wealthy idle future
So it will be work till the grave for this little black duck
Which ain't all that bad cause back when I was 16 I wanted to leave school & become a mechanic.
So I am sort of doing what I always wanted to do , just took 45 years to get there.

StarTech

StarTech

Personally they should have finish paying the first stimulus package before they moved on to the second one. I am still waiting on the first check. They most likely wont even send it before the January 15 cutoff date for mailing checks. Then I have to try again April 15 when I file my taxes. They can take out what I owe this year out of what they owe me and send the remaining amount to me or that what they are saying now.

I really doubt that they are going to honor the law on my part.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Stsr, have you gone to this website and checked on your status?

StarTech

StarTech

Oh it says I am qualified but that is it. No way of getting any further help. They simply don't care.

Please do not call the IRS about the second stimulus payment; our phone assistors do not have additional information beyond what’s available here on IRS.gov and in the Get My Payment application.

tom3

tom3

Same runaround I got on the first payment. But when I finally did get it I got interest on it too. This time it came real quick direct to the bank.

Time to bury that million in mayonaise jars in the backyard and try to find another case of ammo.

Been burying in mason jars for some time.. But the ammo is kept close by..