Won’t start. A little clicking around ignition. Battery is good. Starter is good. Not getting power to the starter. Thinking electronic cluster gauge.

JRYKKAREN

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Won’t start. A little clicking around ignition. Battery is good. Starter is good. Not getting power to the starter. Thinking electronic cluster gauge.
Scagg Tiger Cat 2 35 hp vanguard won’t start. Battery is good, starter is good, but not getting power. Think it’s the electronic display gauge. It’s a $300 part, don’t want to guess. Any suggestions?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Won’t start. A little clicking around ignition. Battery is good. Starter is good. Not getting power to the starter. Thinking electronic cluster gauge.
Have you checked and eliminated the seat switch, parking brake, pto switch and safety switches on the control arms as possible issues.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As per Ilengine's post, make up some short jumpers & no a bit of wire stripped at both ends won't do the same thing.
So you will need at least 4
check the way the connections go on the lap switches & parking brake then jump them and try again
Next rick is to jump the PTO switch & try that.
Finally the seat switch
If the switch has 4 1/8" prongs in a row it might be a tamper proof one so all you can do is check he switch is working when disconnected or get another one plug it in and tape it down.
Although most of the Scags I work on use a 2 prong switch which will either be unplugged or jumped for testing.
Check the solenoid by jumping battery + to the trigger wire terminal , should crank.
I don't have any Tiger cats so I don't have any wiring schematics for them but on all oft the others they use a ground switching relay on the cranking circuit so check the relay is working
You will find the wiring diagram at the end of the parts book
If you want better instructions we need you model & serial numbers so we can download the correct parts book from Scag