Winterizing?

dshoffman77

Threads
Well, I pulled the trigger and purchased a L60 TANK... and parked it.

Its about to snow so I'm going to guess cutting season is about over.

What should I do in order to winterize it and store it properly for the winter?

• Remove Battery and put on trickle charge
    Add Stabile to the fuel

Do I need to just let it sit on the tires?

Am I missing anything critical?

Thanks,

Dave

graydog

Threads
I add ‎STA-BIL and then run the engine to get the ‎STA-BIL into the fuel lines and carburetor. I then drain the carb bowl. If you don't have a bowl drain valve. turn off fuel & run engine until it dies.

Good time to inspect gas lines and replace if cracked or really hard and brittle.

Release parking brake so it will not seize up.

Now's a good time to change oil, oil filter and air filter. I don't like leaving old oil that may contain moisture or contaminants in all winter.

I like to sharpen blades and inspect belts & pulleys now. In the spring, I would probably forget to check something. It's easier to do it now.

I put out rodent poison so maybe they will eat it instead of my seat,wiring and / or gas lines. A family of adorable little pack rats got in my car I had parked for a week in a shed on the farm. You cannot believe the damage they did.......chewed main wires into that went through firewall (behind AC and heater, of course) including eating holes in full plastic oil bottles spilling oil all in the trunk.

Oh yes, I connect a "Battery Tender Plus" to my battery, but I use it year-round anyway. Trickle chargers just don't cut it for me.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats on the L60 TANK-

I use Seafoam* to stabilize the fuel.. But you need to run the engine after to get the mix thru the entire fuel system & carb etc..

I also avoid trickle chargers as they can overcharge a battery & possibly damage it..

I use a 750 mA battery tender* or my battery MINDer*, both are smart chargers, so once the battery is charged to 100% they go into float mode & keep it @ 100%...

Parked on it's tires, I've not had a problem doing.