Winter Maintenance/ Transaxles

LHPopper

Threads
I have a 54" Fastrack that I purchaced last fall with 36 hrs on it. Machine has worked great and I enjoy mowing. The maintenance schedule calls for changing the oil in the 2 transaxles, so I spent an hour or so completing the task. I found that the spin off filters were difficult to remove as I did not have a small enough filter wrench. I used an adjustable wrench that with some effort, finally got them to turn. They were on pretty tight in my opinion. The top port plugs came out OK but the one on the right side was a little difficult to get the Allen wrench in a spot where I could get some leverage on it. The oil fill went as outlined in the book. After replacing the top port plugs, I filled the expansion tank about 1/4" above the Fill Cold line thinking that when I purged the transaxles that the oil level would go down a bit. After going through the purge process, the mower moved correctly but the oil level did not drop to replace the air in the unit and fill the filters. I will run the Hustler up and down the driveway this PM to see if that makes any differance. My neighbors will think I am nutts with the mower out when the temp got down to 15 degrees last night. I would think that the level of oil in the fill tank should have gone down after the purge. Any thoughts?