will running fine get hot and then not run again.

Jtparker80

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a husqa for free , I was told it ran. It has a kohler command 18 in it. I have changed the air filter, plugs, oil and filter. I got it running seem to run fine after adjusting the new throttle cable. But when it got hot it stalled an would then start an only runn for about 5- 15 second kinda stumped. It seems to be getting fuel and all the other essentials.

SanAntonioJoe

Threads
Does it have an automatic choke? Also, does it restart almost immediately then die again, or do you have to wait for it to completely cool down?

davidcf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same problem with a year old model. I found a fuel filter in the fuel line and removed it and changed to a cartridge filter and put on a new air filter but still the mover quits when hot. It will start with just one pull but immediately quit. The manual states to check for air blockage but could not see anything. I think this is becoming a common problem with these mowers with kohler engines. Any ideas anyone?

SanAntonioJoe

Threads
Empty the fuel tank, and put some "Mechanic In A Bottle" product in it. Push the primer bulb to get the liquid into the carb, and let it sit for a few hours. Add some fresh gas and start it and let it run for a while. They sell it at Wal-Mart here.

I've had good luck with this stuff; don't know if there are other brands out there that work as well or better, but this MIB stuff worked on mine. The ethanol in gas is causing everyone major headaches with gummed up carbs and rough running.

TnHusky

Threads
To all, check your valve clearance in the engines.:thumbsup:

pile81

Threads
When it dies check to see if it has spark......coil be be going bad and as it gets hot its opening up......or it could be a plugged fuel cap......