Export thread

will not start, help

L

lovera3878

hello,
For the past few cuts my Ferris 1500 21hp kaw would not start when I turned the key. Nothing at all. However, then it would just start as if something just clicked. The battery is fine. Now it will not start at all. Just a click and no power. It must be electrical. The fuses are fine.
What do you think?

B

benski

Yes, it sounds like an electrical issue to me as well. Check the condition of your battery. Charge it up gently (2 amp rate), and then take it to a place that has a load tester. If it proves okay, you may have one or all of the following:
Bad ignition switch
Bad grounds or connections
Bad safety lock-out switches.
Good luck, check all the insulation on your wiring as well.

L

lovera3878

Thanks, i will check the ignition switch. I replaced the solenoid and it did not fx it. However when I jump the terminals of the solenoid it starts. Maybe I bought a bad solenoid. Once I rule this out i am going for the ignition. Wires seem fine lthough i have not check the wires with an ohmmeter..

bakerg

bakerg

Thanks, i will check the ignition switch. I replaced the solenoid and it did not fx it. However when I jump the terminals of the solenoid it starts. Maybe I bought a bad solenoid. Once I rule this out i am going for the ignition. Wires seem fine lthough i have not check the wires with an ohmmeter..
Sounds like a safety switch is not made some place, could be seat switch, mower switch or clutch switch.:biggrin: