Wife too weak, push button start gas engine-- Not interested in Electric Mower

schreib69

Threads
  • / Wife too weak, push button start gas engine-- Not interested in Electric Mower
With apologies to OP, I couldn't agree more. I ended up w 2 mowers while selling one house, buying another. One gas, one electric, an 20" EGO electric bought in 2014. Still going fine, using orig batteries, 10th season. The EGO is the only mower my wife will use, much lighter, much, much easier to maneuver, easy to store, the handle folds and it sits on end. Easy to haul around. Much less noise. No need to winterize. Great for mowing around trees, flower beds, gardens, etc. I have 2 batteries, ~ 5 amp hr. EGO and HD/Ryobi both make good electrics. Pricy, due to batteries, decent models start around $400, more w 2 batteries. Ex the initial cost, a really good fit for applications like this.

Checked on Consumer Reports, the top push mower with electric start in their ratings is a Honda HRN216VLA, but its out of stock as best I can tell.

The next model up, is $900, available on amazon, so too expensive... but seems to meet the requirements otherwise....
OK , OK I will have to look at the EGO!

schreib69

Threads
  • / Wife too weak, push button start gas engine-- Not interested in Electric Mower
Bad choice, replacement parts are not available for some Electric/battery powered mowers, the part that holds the blade is made out of plastic, once you damage this, you can not mount the blade safely, Check before you buy, if parts are available, and don't take the stores word for it, look for yourself. good luck
yeah, understand completely. I got stuck with a cheap electric long reach chain saw trimmer. It won't even charge . . . used it once.

TonyPrin

Threads
yeah, understand completely. I got stuck with a cheap electric long reach chain saw trimmer. It won't even charge . . . used it once.
Clearly there can be problems with any type of power equipment. And not all brands are equal. In terms of cordless electric, I have an EGO 14" chainsaw I use for trimming and smaller trees. Afterward I got was so satisfied I purchased a blower and then a string trimmer but not a mower because I didn't think it could handle my property. A neighbor has an EGO mower and loves it.

I think cordless electric is a great option in the right circumstance. But I agree on doing your homework. Find the one that's right for you.