Wider Rear Tire for better traction?

Re: Wider Rear Tire for better traction? Pictures Added Of Backyard!!

I took these with the cell so there not the best of quality. But this will give you a little idea of the slope in the back yard I deal with which is no problem but you got to watch it a little. I did drop my tire pressure to 8 psi and that helped quiet a bit. I thought I had it at 8 but it was at 10.
That's the back of my house and I've just stepped off the mower at the bottom for a shot. The blurry pic is a shot of me turning and snapping as I go up hill.
 

Attachments

  • Backyard.jpg
    Backyard.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Backyard 2.jpg
    Backyard 2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 22
I would start at the top and mow it sideways so your turns would be going down the hill.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
Re: Wider Rear Tire for better traction? Pictures Added Of Backyard!!

I took these with the cell so there not the best of quality. But this will give you a little idea of the slope in the back yard I deal with which is no problem but you got to watch it a little. I did drop my tire pressure to 8 psi and that helped quiet a bit. I thought I had it at 8 but it was at 10.
That's the back of my house and I've just stepped off the mower at the bottom for a shot. The blurry pic is a shot of me turning and snapping as I go up hill.



You could use some ag tires, or kenda scorpions.

https://www.twocycleguys.com/showPr...roductID=414&gclid=COvMubbdi7cCFchM4AodFy4AkA

http://mgrassroots.com/carlisleSuperLug.html
 
Re: Wider Rear Tire for better traction? Pictures Added Of Backyard!!


Well I do mow sideways but I go down one side and up the other. Really didn't have any issues yesterday since I dropped the air a little more. It takes me about 2 hrs of mowing on the mower to ride all my yard. I now have 12.9 hrs on the Husky and couldn't be more pleased. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Wider Rear Tire for better traction? Pictures Added Of Backyard!!

Well I do mow sideways but I go down one side and up the other. Really didn't have any issues yesterday since I dropped the air a little more. It takes me about 2 hrs of mowing on the mower to ride all my yard. I now have 12.9 hrs on the Husky and couldn't be more pleased. :thumbsup:

TnHusky,

Glad lowering the PSI in the rear tires helped some!!! I've never tried it(have a relatively flat lawn) but had heard it worked.
 
Re: Wider Rear Tire for better traction? Pictures Added Of Backyard!!

Well I do mow sideways but I go down one side and up the other. Really didn't have any issues yesterday since I dropped the air a little more. It takes me about 2 hrs of mowing on the mower to ride all my yard. I now have 12.9 hrs on the Husky and couldn't be more pleased. :thumbsup:

Mow straight up and down slopes with a tractor or rider unless the manual says otherwise. And mow side-to-side with walk-behind mowers or ZTR starting at the bottom and moving up the hill. I'd like to try your slopes on my stander, I'll bet it would be fun.
 
Back
Top