• grasshopper

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • ferris 5100

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

grasshopper1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys delighted i came accross this site, i am a landscape contractor from the wesy coast of Ireland, galway to be exact, at the moment i have a kubota g18 high tip collector and also have a europard mid compact tractor with a rear finishing mower which i use on sportfields. My dilema is that i will have to get a mower soon and i am looking at zero turn 60" rear discharge which i could use in some residential areas adn also on sportsfields. The question is which zero turn mower should i go for this is where i need your professional advice. In Ireland we tend to get alot of rainfall so the grass is always moist and it grows vigourously march-nov. makes i have looked at kubota zd326, grasshopper 430d ferris zt5100. In your experience as landscapers and professional groundstaff and as owners i would love to hear the pros and cons. hope to hear from you guys.
kind regards

terry Forde grasshopper1

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: which zero turn should i purchase.

WELCOME to LMF...

I don't follow your poll category's... you have a few brand names mixed with performance choices & other unrelated things...

BUT your needs for a Wet area ZT mower should be the lightest with the largest tire footprint, (Less weight per square inch).... the stand on ZT's are worth considering, they are fast larger decks and well built commercial grade machines... :smile:KennyV

grasshopper1

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hi kenny which zero turn mower are you recommending

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have a preference for Hustler mowers, & almost anything Kubota...
Love diesel powered... :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello and welcome to LawnMowerForum. I moved your thread to the Polls forum. Good luck! :thumbsup:

faithjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hear them Dixie Choppers are the best Zeros out there faster than.. and they stand by the machines. They are made in america. They aren't cheap but they are supposed to be awsome. Not to mention they are really cool lookin!!

jenkinsph

Threads
Most of us are in the USA so what we may choose may not be the best for you. I would choose one of the top brands with a good dealer presence in your locale. I have a Deere x749 aws 4x4 diesel and like it, something like this might suit your needs better if you have to deal with damp grass. I think you would find that you would have less problems scuffing the lawn areas. Having all four wheels helping you turn with the outside front wheel turning faster with a hydraulically controlled system that varies the front wheel speeds would be advantagous to you.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
Toro Kubota Diesel is GTG. Check em out. made in Minnesota

Popeye

Threads
My personal choice would be the Ferris. But in your situation with Kubota equipment already I voted for Kubota. I like both.