Which Scag?

pinkstonm

Threads
I am upgrading my mower for a yard with some pretty good hills. Had a Snapper Pro with zt5400 which handled the hills pretty well.

On Scag I am considering the following:
Turf Tiger
Cheetah
Tiger Cat

The Cheetah has the zt5400 while the Turf Tiger and Tiger Cats has the Dual Pumps...

Which is a stronger trans and are both serviceable?

mcdonell

Threads
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have family and friends with all three. I have a Cheetah with the 850 Kawasaki and 61 inch deck. I like it and plan to use it for the rest of my days. My son has the Tiger Cat and it is 3 years old and it has been perfect. My best friend has the Turf Tiger with Kubota Diesel. All very different mowers and the prices vary greatly. You don't see as many Cheetahs on trailers and it is probably because they are longer and take up more room. I would say the Cat is most popular because of size and price. It is a well built Scag and the best bang for the buck. The diesel is the way to go if your going to be cutting really thick weeds and grass. It is liquid cooled. Hopes this helps. . .

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
A zt5400? Is this a bull dozer? Probably overkill for about any yard, and overpriced for about any residential use. Which is why I'd probably buy it.

Mower King

Threads
I am upgrading my mower for a yard with some pretty good hills. Had a Snapper Pro with zt5400 which handled the hills pretty well.

On Scag I am considering the following:
Turf Tiger
Cheetah
Tiger Cat

The Cheetah has the zt5400 while the Turf Tiger and Tiger Cats has the Dual Pumps...

Which is a stronger trans and are both serviceable?
Yes, both are serviceable. All good choice of mowers. I personally would stay away from a diesel, NOT because they're not reliable, they are top notch but....real heavy (on a wet yard) and diesel engines are only repaired or warrantied at a certified diesel shop and not just a Scag dealer.