Export thread

Which Kohler Engine is this?

R

Rugb

I can't seem to find the model number on this 2 Cylinder engine ,or where would it be stamped in? It is used on a SR1000 Country Clipper Charger model mower. I'm thinking it is about a 26 hp. Its a vertical shaft and 83 mm bore, carbureted That is about all I know on it right now. Anyone know for sure what engine that was put on this mower from the factory?

BlazNT

BlazNT

This is what goes in it now 26.5 hp Kohler® EFI ECV749.

B

bertsmobile1

Post the model number of the mower ff the ID tag or better still a picture of the tag.
Lots of techs here that might be able to look it up

I

ILENGINE

Looks like the 2008 version used a 27 hp Kohler a picture of the engine might help narrow down the possible engine choices. Kohler used a tag that tends to fade or gets wiped off by cleaning solutions etc.

R

Rugb

I found a tag for the mower model and serial numbers. They are 2760KOJ SR1000
Ser # 29462
I have the engine all apart right now, hoping to overhaul
To me it narrows down to a CV26 , 735, or a 745 Don't know the difference on these yet? But looking. It has an "external" mounted air filter with inner and outer filters. Thanks again

B

bertsmobile1

The external duel element Donaldson Air filter was fitted as an option to Command series commercial engines.
Also to Kawasaki and even some Briggs.

I

ILENGINE

Your model number suggest that you have a 27 hp engine which would be most likely the cv750 or 752 engine.