Where to sharpen blade?

I've used it for a few things with good results head gasket replacement on my jeep 4.0 a guy made a nice step by step I followed
 
I don't think I'd go to yahoo answers to get answers for anything.:rolleyes:

They probably have people on there telling you to balance your blade by using a cone. Then after finding out they've been doing it wrong all these years but without any issues decide, after watching a YouTube infomercial, that a $200 balancer is the only way to balance your mower blades.
 
I've seen those blade sharpening gadgets that attach to the chuck of a drill, but have never used one.

Have any of you ever used one of them, and if so, what is your opinion of them?
 
I've seen those blade sharpening gadgets that attach to the chuck of a drill, but have never used one.

Have any of you ever used one of them, and if so, what is your opinion of them?


For someone who has a small mower a homeowner type they may be alright but if you have a heavy blade or a number of blades to sharpen don't waste your money.
 
They probably have people on there telling you to balance your blade by using a cone. Then after finding out they've been doing it wrong all these years but without any issues decide, after watching a YouTube infomercial, that a $200 balancer is the only way to balance your mower blades.


I think that infomercial pretty much showed and proved the point that a nail for balancing a lawn mower blade is useless. As far as a $200 balancer, it's a $174 with free shipping for the Magna Matic 1000 but you can get the Oregon for less than half that cost. Lets talk about some issues, I replaced three spindles on a ZTR with just over five hundred hours that were worn out maybe that was why? I replaced one spindle on the Turf-master that broke blades in half, Toro said it was because of a washer that was worn caused by vibration, was either case caused by blades not balanced? I really don't know but if spending the $174 may help save some money in the long run , I'll take that chance.
 
Back
Top