Where Do All of the Used Commercial Mowers Go?

AdamE

Threads
I'm in the market for for a zero turn and am considering a Hustler Raptor SD, but I'm considering moving up to an Exmark Radius E or S. Anyway, I started thinking about a used commercial and was wondering where they all go. There must be a huge market for them.

I can't imagine they're all so beat up they go to the landfill. What do the pros do with them when they replace them? If anyone's near Collegeville, Pa. and has a specific hookup, that'd be great too.

Thanks!

Mower King

Threads
I'm in the market for for a zero turn and am considering a Hustler Raptor SD, but I'm considering moving up to an Exmark Radius E or S. Anyway, I started thinking about a used commercial and was wondering where they all go. There must be a huge market for them.

I can't imagine they're all so beat up they go to the landfill. What do the pros do with them when they replace them? If anyone's near Collegeville, Pa. and has a specific hookup, that'd be great too.

Thanks!
They trade them in for new mowers after a few / several 1000 hrs....you probably won't find many commercial cutters with Raptors though, that is not considered a commercial mower!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Commercial mowers are built properly so last for a very long time
When they come into my shop for resale I have a long list of people waiting for them .
There are not as many commercial mowers as you might think.
I have 24 commercial customers out of 450 residential customers .
All of them change their mowers about twice as often as the commercial ones do.
The other thing to remember that a commercial customer will happily pay $ 1200 for a major repair to their mower
Domestic customers have a heart attack if I quote them more than $ 100

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Around here the commercial guys keep mowers till they have a serious issue then trade them in. Municipalities usually keep them till they are trash. Went to a few city/county auctions and the stuff was so ragged out barely worth scrap. The dealers fix up the trade ins and they still bring good money.