where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel

SidecarFlip

Threads
  • / where are the SPARK PLUGS on my Kubota 326 diesel
Farmall did that on tractors years ago. I ran one for a guy back many years ago that was that way. We used it to feed cows in the winter time when it was real cold. You would go into the shed and start it on gas and then go sit in the truck where the heater was and let it run till it warmed up. Then you went back and switched it to diesel. It would smoke incredibly. When it finally started running on diesel you could then go back and sit in the pickup a few more minutes and wait . After it started and warmed on diesel for a few minutes though then it would run good. It was strong and reliable.

No not diesel, distillate (kerosene). I had a 50's Farmall dual fuel myself, they won't run on diesel and even on kerosene you'll get a face full if the wind is blowing the right way. They were bullt to adopt to the gasoline shortage during the war.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Allis Chalmers made dual fuel tractors, such as the WD and WD45 which were meant to run on kerosene after warming up on gasoline. I worked on these long ago.

International Harvester made at least one engine that started on gasoline and switched over to diesel after warmup. I have seen one of these in a road grader. It had an inline diesel injection pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762r7cztmuI

SidecarFlip

Threads
Allis Chalmers made dual fuel tractors, such as the WD and WD45 which were meant to run on kerosene after warming up on gasoline. I worked on these long ago.

International Harvester made at least one engine that started on gasoline and switched over to diesel after warmup. I have seen one of these in a road grader. It had an inline diesel injection pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762r7cztmuI

I was referencing farm tractors not construction equipment.The farm tractors use a Marvel Schiebler updraft carb with a heat cover and radiator shutters to run on distillate, not an injection pump. I had one. 49 Farmall.