Where and What Mower to Buy. . .

ersses

Forum Newbie
Threads
This seems to be a common question. The one item most people seem to forget is that one day, no matter what you buy, it's going to break somehow. The most important question is can you buy parts for the machine locally and can someone locally fix it, when it does break. Research your local dealers. If you're buying from a Big Box Store (Wal-mart, Lowe's, Home Depot), you may not be getting the best price and/or service after the sale. Local dealers specialize in carrying parts and service, and in some cases perform the service for the Big Box Stores. I've also noticed that the smaller dealers often sell below manufacture's suggested retail price. This doesn't happen in the Big Stores.

Priority in the shop usually goes to individuals that purchase equipment from the smaller dealers. (Hint, hint):wink:

Black Bart

Threads
This seems to be a common question. The one item most people seem to forget is that one day, no matter what you buy, it's going to break somehow. The most important question is can you buy parts for the machine locally and can someone locally fix it, when it does break. Research your local dealers. If you're buying from a Big Box Store (Wal-mart, Lowe's, Home Depot), you may not be getting the best price and/or service after the sale. Local dealers specialize in carrying parts and service, and in some cases perform the service for the Big Box Stores. I've also noticed that the smaller dealers often sell below manufacture's suggested retail price. This doesn't happen in the Big Stores.

Priority in the shop usually goes to individuals that purchase equipment from the smaller dealers. (Hint, hint):wink:
I picked up a new John Deere ZTR yesterday and I got it from a JD dealer got a better price than I could have got at a box store they will not deal with them the price is the price.

If in the future I need parts or service it will not be a problem can't say that about some brands.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I bought from a local dealer who provided excellent service when I was new to this area on stuff I did not buy from him. Friendly, knowledgable and I know they'll be there when I need them. Even if I paid a couple of bucks more, it's money well spent when, not if I need service some day.