When is it okay to report a thread?

Mark Widmer

Threads
When we report a post, we get a message that reads

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."​

From my involvement on another online forum, I know that the forum admins have no control over the wording of this message, it is simply "built in" to the software that runs the forum. So, can we report any post that we want to bring to the attention of the admins, for any reason? For example if a post in the New Members forum really should get moved to Small Engine & Mower Repair, could I report it even though it isn't spam, harassment, fighting, or rude?

Thanks,

Mark

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Mark... Really no need to,
The ones that need moved will eventually be noticed and moved... there is a very busy "movin' gal" hard at work reading and moving when necessary... (Great job Briana)

The report button should be used when it should be attended to ASAP ... just to relocate is not that pressing... :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Kenny. I usually keep my eyes out in the New Member forum, but feel free to flag any highly inappropriate threads or for less urgent misplaced threads, you may send me a PM with the name or link to the thread that should be moved and I'll get to it when I get a chance. :wink:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
NEVER!!! :laughing: Just kidding but leave my threads alone.:biggrin::tongue:Always wanted to use the tongue, couldn't help myself.:smile: