Engine When did JD change to the Kawasaki 24hp engine for the Z655?

a480381

Forum Newbie
I just bought a supposedly new JD Z655 and it came with a 27 hp engine. It appears to have a lower cc rating than the Kawasaki 24 hp engine that I thought I was getting. Did I buy 2015 model which I thought I was paying for or did I get an older model? The salesman found it at another dealership so that I could get it earlier than ordering from the factory. I am a little disappointed because I did not end up with the Kawasaki. Should I be?
 
JD relabels most of the engines they put on their machines with JD name now days. If the engine you got is the FS730V its a Kawasaki.
 
I just bought a supposedly new JD Z655 and it came with a 27 hp engine. It appears to have a lower cc rating than the Kawasaki 24 hp engine that I thought I was getting. Did I buy 2015 model which I thought I was paying for or did I get an older model? The salesman found it at another dealership so that I could get it earlier than ordering from the factory. I am a little disappointed because I did not end up with the Kawasaki. Should I be?

Can you take a picture of the engine, I'd like to see it. The spec's I find online says it's a B&S
https://www.muttonpower.com/p-9042-john-deere-eztrak-z655.aspx#SPEC
 
JD relabels most of the engines they put on their machines with JD name now days. If the engine you got is the FS730V its a Kawasaki.

If it's a27 hp Kawasaki engine on that machine it wont be the FS or FR engine because it's a residential machine and Kawasaki according to there site doesn't make a 27hp in either the FR or FS. It would have to be the FX 850V to be 27 hp. The Spec's I found says its a B&S
 
Last edited:


I seriously doubt it's going to be the 850 because I can't see them putting that engine on a residential mower. That's why I said I thought it's a B&S if it's in fact a 27hp. I'm just guessing but its more likely the Professional grade 27 B&S. If it's a Kawasaki it will say Kawasaki, it wont be re-labeled. The one below left is what they show on the mower.


20KC42_AS01.JPG
 
Back
Top