NadRash

NadRash

PLEASE HELP!!! very invasive!
I'm located in Quincy MA, this weed grows large and contains red berries

staticmap

Attachments

P

possum

Around here some folks call them Honeysuckle vines, some call them vines, some call them trees. Just take a pruner and clip them of even with the ground and remove them. If you do not care about the rest of the plants mixed in with them just use a string trimmer with a cutting blade on it. Your agriculture extension office can give you an ID of any plant.

exotion

exotion

Around here some folks call them Honeysuckle vines, some call them vines, some call them trees. Just take a pruner and clip them of even with the ground and remove them. If you do not care about the rest of the plants mixed in with them just use a string trimmer with a cutting blade on it. Your agriculture extension office can give you an ID of any plant.

We keep honeysuckles around here on purpose :)

NadRash

NadRash

We keep honeysuckles around here on purpose :)

Thank you for your feedback I'm still not sure if this is an actual honeysuckle or not the branches at the base of the root are about an inch thick resembles bamboo...hallow in the middle

reynoldston

reynoldston

Have you tried round-up.

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

It's a huge zombie weed that feeds on landscaping. Spray it with diesel and torch it, just kidding dont really do that. Try some total brush killer.

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

It's a huge zombie weed that feeds on landscaping. Spray it with diesel and torch it, just kidding dont really do that. Try some total brush killer.

Yes, a total brush killer type of formulation would be much better than Roundup. Is this thing an annual or perennial?

In commercial agriculture, we see limitations of Roundup effectiveness all the time. It is not that good on morningglories, for example. The trend is that is also weak on anything that has a hairy leaf, "woody" stems, and also weak on perennials.

S

sgmgarden

I would suggest visiting your local garden centre to see if they have any suitable products :smile:

A_tank96

A_tank96

PLEASE HELP!!! very invasive!
I'm located in Quincy MA, this weed grows large and contains red berries

staticmap

I have the same thing here in Ohio. I use Round up Poison Ivy/Tough Brush Killer. Works Fine. I'll post a pick later today

Aaron

midnite rider

midnite rider

Thank you for your feedback I'm still not sure if this is an actual honeysuckle or not the branches at the base of the root are about an inch thick resembles bamboo...hallow in the middle

It looks like Himalayan Honeysuckle.

M

motoman

I was about to click out when I saw your ref to "bamboo" like appearance. Washington state just put out a warning on "knotweed" whose stalks resemble bamboo (within the month in the newspapers). They are concerned and offer help. Try a google search.

exotion

exotion

I was about to click out when I saw your ref to "bamboo" like appearance. Washington state just put out a warning on "knotweed" whose stalks resemble bamboo (within the month in the newspapers). They are concerned and offer help. Try a google search.

Ya we have knotweed everywhere this year its getting annoying. You can't really kill it you can't pull it the stocks are to sensitive

A_tank96

A_tank96

image.jpg

Here is a pic after roundup.

Aaronimage.jpg

P

possum

Wow. That must be some kind of roundup. Around here Roundup does not even make simple broadleafs look that bad for quite some time. Honey suckle just turns a bit yellow and then laughs it off.

A_tank96

A_tank96

Wow. That must be some kind of roundup. Around here Roundup does not even make simple broadleafs look that bad for quite some time. Honey suckle just turns a bit yellow and then laughs it off.

This was the Poison Ivy/Tough Brush Killer, and it took several weeks to do that. If you have ever tried to pull it up, the root system is like a dandelion except ten times bigger. The one in the pic is probably 4 feet deep.

Aaron