Export thread

WHAT TYPE OF MOWER DO YOU USE AS YOUR MAIN MOWER?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Do you use a push mower, garden tractor, or ZTR mower as your primary mower?

Parkmower

Parkmower

Home- ztr
Work- mainly ztr but Atleast a day a week on a 4wd front mount.

Ric

Ric

My main or primary mower would be the Grandstand zero turn.:thumbsup:

MSlandscaping

MSlandscaping

SCAG Cheetah:cool:

metz12

metz12

Depends on the lawn! I like the look of the garden tractors cut but if its a small to average sized lawn i usually push it. The only time I use the garden tractor is if i am doing a big lawn or im bagging leafs.

A_tank96

A_tank96

Ztr for my business:thumbsup:, and large heavy duty rider for the house.

G

garnder

craftsman & cub cadet, Iam a tractor guy:thumbsup:

M

mullins87

I like the ZTRs and their agility, but I prefer the garden tractors.

metz12

metz12

garden tractors have so many sweet attachments and the cut looks better than the push mower and the zero turns.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

garden tractors have so many sweet attachments and the cut looks better than the push mower and the zero turns.

Well look at all these sweet attachments for zero turns! :licking: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/6474-zero-turn-attachments.html

metz12

metz12

Well look at all these sweet attachments for zero turns! :licking: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/6474-zero-turn-attachments.html

thats pretty sweet! but I personally wouldnt want to run a zero turn in the snow.

midnite rider

midnite rider

Lawn and Garden tractor for me. :tractor:

Attachments

Flintmotorsports

Flintmotorsports

We use a craftsman rider for the lawn and for trimming i use a craftsman push mower.AYP one of the best mower company around

P

piloto

I NEED a 4WD front deck mower, but NONE are affordable to any but commercial users.

Z

zmister11

Gravely zero turn for me

X-man

X-man

As far as mowing goes.... push mower.

I use my garden tractor for everything.

jekjr

jekjr

We run a ZD326 Kubota zero turn primarily most of the time. On some yards we run ZG222. If a property is large enough we run both. We also have a 21" walk behind that we run occasionally on some property.

X-man

X-man

I use my cheap-*** Weed Eater push mower as my primary mower. Does a good job, just can't use for mulching. It's really hard to start, too. Not sure why.

I only use my Bolens push mower now when I have to, lot of hours on the motor, kinda want it to last as long as possible.
I primarily use it in the fall since it does a really good job at picking up leaves.

exotion

exotion

Toro proline 21" with atomic blade. Does everything

Buckeye10

Buckeye10

Toro ExMark 60 in deck. I can't believe some of you professionals use other mowers. Toro makes the best zero turn mowers.

ztrjim

ztrjim

I love my Zero Turn Mower because it cuts fast and can spend more time with my family! :cool:

Vanousb

Vanousb

Exmark Pioneer s-series 60" zero turn for my 3 acres plus some for in laws. Absolutely love it. Older mtd with honda gcv160 for small stuff.

L

LoCo86

Primary mower would be my Exmark Turf Tracers 36"&52". But I also use the Exmark laser z x-series 52" and Toro Grandstand 52" for larger properties.

S

sjessen

Exmark Turf Tracer 60" for work and an Exmark/Toro Timemaster 30" for the house.

bt3

bt3

I used a Montgomery Ward (Yardman) Lawn Tractor for a decade. Then decided I wanted the exercise so my Snapper 21" Commercial model was put back into service and my Lawn Tractor was sold. I use the Snapper and the LawnBoy (2 stroke) alternately during the season, but I use the Snapper solely in the fall because of the HIVAC efficiency to mulch and pick up the leaves.

I've been walking now for 20 years and it may be time to start thinking about getting another tractor for my 1 acre heavily wooded property. The problem is there is so much trim, a walk behind makes more sense.

poulin landscaping

poulin landscaping

Wright 52 stand on ( going to trade for a bob cat pro cat this spring ) and a Bob cat 48 inch walk behind and all stihl handhelds

M

mrfred54

I use a farmall super A with a 60" cut for my 4 acres. around the house I use a 149 cubcadet. the super A is a 1951 and the 149 is a 1973. I have a plow and a snow blade for the super A and a tiller and snowblower for the 149. have had both these units for many many years. my neighbor keeps telling me I need a zero turn but I keep tellin him that their useless for what I need cause you cant plow or till with one and besides that he is on his fourth on in the last 15 years where as my two tractors will never have to be replaced

B

bill1631

Do you use a push mower, garden tractor, or ZTR mower as your primary mower?

I have a Country Clipper Boss "O" turn with 26HP & 60" cut. I put a cheap battery maintainer on it and add gas stabilizer in the fall and it starts right up in the spring - at least it has since 2010. Love the tilt deck. I sit on a low shop stool and change the blades. No more crawling on the ground to remove them. It gets freshly sharpened blades about 4 times a summer. I set the blades at 12:00 2:00 and 4:00 o'clock. Although the blades will shift in time it cuts like a dream. Wish I would have gotten the 72" cut as I cut up to 6 acres.
Bill---

Alison_Di

Alison_Di

I prefer garden tractor:thumbsup:

mikehouse

mikehouse

I use my Craftsman 22" walk-behind.It sure helps that it's self-propelled too.

jekjr

jekjr

We run a ZD326 Kubota zero turn primarily most of the time. On some yards we run ZG222. If a property is large enough we run both. We also have a 21" walk behind that we run occasionally on some property.

I traded the ZD 326 and now I have two Scag Tiger Cats that we run as primaries. Also have a Toro Time Master 30" walk behind.

KrashnKraka

KrashnKraka

Hustler Sports 42" - with a deckless 28yr old B&S sidevalve Greenfield rigged
for pumping water and towing various attachments around the block.
Trying to figure a way to rig the GF as an elevated platform rig to do pruning, etc.

KK

clpolcar

clpolcar

I run. Ferris is600 and a lesco 36 walk be hind. Both are my work horses. Recently picked up a used exmark navigator for a steal and put a few hundred in it and runs like a champ. Maybe 1850 total into it and about 1600 hours on it

173abn

173abn

928D Grasshopper.cheap MENARDS push mower to trim.Sthil FS 90 weedeater...russ

J

jack12

928D Grasshopper.cheap MENARDS push mower to trim.Sthil FS 90 weedeater...russ

I have an 20 year old cheap Murray tractor bought new for $800.00 from Wal-Mart :laughing::laughing:

M

mullins87

I still prefer garden tractors for their style, ride quality and utility. But, last year I picked up a 1993 John Deere F725 with the infamous plastic cam gear failure for $600 from the original onwer. He even had every receipt for every belt, oil change, tires and even a new seat on it. Now the plastic was shot, so it looked rough, but only had about 850 hours on it. I pulled the oil pan off and spent the next two days picking plastic teeth out of the engine. They were everywhere!! Cost me right at $400 in parts, including new oil and water pumps. Mowed with it all summer and have to admit I love it. Doesn't ride as nice as the 335 though. Just finished putting all new plastic back on it as well as rebuilding the driveshaft and installing an oil pressure and water temperature gauges. Only two things I would change, put larger tires on it to make it ride better and have the deck stay up when raised.

B

bertsmobile1

Must have missed this thread.
Main mowers are the two Rover Rancher II's.
1966 & 1969 models probably got 5000 hours on each.
Replaced the old SV 8 & 10 Hp B & S engines with 12 Hp Inteks I got as a job lot of new mower pull engines.
Customers get the Cox's as loan mowers because you can not break them.

willys55

willys55

your poll didnt list what I have...1984 Toro Groundsmaster 72

T

Trukfr8

Toro 48” proline and a commercial 21” Lawnboy

Flintmotorsports

Flintmotorsports

garden tractor is the way to go.

D

Darryl G

My main mower is my 2002 48 inch Exmark Turf Tracer HP walk behind with a stand-on velke/sulky. I only have a couple of lawns that I don't use it on at all. Most lawns I at least cut in around the edges and obstacles and mow the steep slopes with it and I mow the entire lawn for smaller lawns, say under 1/2 acre. I reserve the Z turns for large area mowing and when I have to bag.

FrankInNC

FrankInNC

Craftsman z550 zero turn. I'm new to zero turns, so it's been an interesting learning experience.

B

bogdaN

Honda HRX-217.small yard work very good.

J

jp1961

Hello,

I use a Kubota BX2230 for most of my lawn (1 acres), then with a Honda HR215 Masters mower or Lawn-Boy 2 stroke to trim around the house and in areas the Kubota can't go.

You'r doctor will tell you to sell the riding mower and use a walk behind,,,LOL.

Regards

Jeff

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Ferris 3100z 60" 36hp

J

jack12

12 HP Murray tractor

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Your doctor will tell you to sell the riding mower and use a walk behind,,,LOL.

Regards

Jeff
That right thar is down right unamerican
?

logert gogert

logert gogert

im 13..........so...................push mower :(
honda gcc 160 pull start
( bought it my self )
Edit:
Oh idk why i forgot
but i just got a used riding mower
Troy-Built 18.0 OHV 5 speed
but my main mower would prob be the push

D

DK35vince

Hustler Super Z zero turn (35 HP with 72" deck)
And a Kioti DK 35 compact tractor (35 HP tractor with 84" rear mount mower deck)

Convert

Convert

Honda with the GCV160 engine, 21 in cut .
Just for the close up cutting , I use my GTH2248XPC for the rest of the yard
Convert

mikehouse

mikehouse

Husqvarna HU700F GCV160 for the way bigger front yard.My Lawnboy siver series 10330 for the flatter back.20200411_081712.jpg20200411_081630.jpg

mikehouse

mikehouse

Can someone explain these to me.I wanna know what year this mower was made.I see 2014 but is that for the law or this model?20200411_100804.jpg20200411_100857.jpg

able43

able43

I use a 52" Gravely ZT XL ZTR just now reaching 100 hrs after 5 years

mikehouse

mikehouse

I use a 52" Gravely ZT XL ZTR just now reaching 100 hrs after 5 years
Hi.I always notice people say how many hrs they've gotten on their machines,and in so-and-so time.So do these riders have like a timer or counter or clock on them?

able43

able43

Hi.I always notice people say how many hrs they've gotten on their machines,and in so-and-so time.So do these riders have like a timer or counter or clock on them?
Hello and thank you for asking your question. Many riding mowers now and even years and years ago have hour meters that allow you to track the time spent running and using the piece of equipment. Also for tracking and performing PMCS. Now sometimes you can get inaccurate hour readings if the key of the equipment is left in the on position thus powering the hour meter by closing or opening its circuit to give it the needed power or either the proper avenue to ground.

M

mikebarber

Toro Reelmaster 450d 11 ft cut diesel and a Hustler Fastrack 48 inch GO BIG OR GO HOME

oh and a STIHL 075 chain saw 111 cc's

R

Rocky J

I have a Troybuilt ZTR 24hp 50 inch , Woods 52 inch out front 18hp , Toro GM72 72inch out front 28hp Renault engine propane and a 1964 Cub Lo Boy 60 inch belly with C60 cubic inch propane . My yard is 4.5 acres with gophers, so ruff seat time. The tires on the cub LoBoy are 50 inch tall and step over the holes where the others three mowers with small tires can beat me up after a hour. The Cub is a threat of a broken leg with ever mount and dismount and is low Horsepower , much better power on propane than gasoline , about 3 gallon x 98 cents to mow the yard, But for it being a gutless leg breaker it is my favorite to mow with but of course I pick the Troy Bilt to trim with because it is short and fast, the out fronts have there place like under bushes and inside corners but are long tailed , but will trim around a pop can.