Export thread

What time does everyone start their day?

BHLC

BHLC

I can't seem to get my business partner to get on the road before 9am. Drives me nuts because I'm gone by 6:30 on the first job at 7. Anyone else deal with this? What do you do?

reynoldston

reynoldston

Sound to me like you need a word with your partner. You know your business arrangements, we don't. Then on top of that I wonder how many customers want you working in their yard at 6:30 in the morning, I sure wouldn't want you in mine. Now being retired I start my day when I feel like it. When I was working I started my day at 4:30 AM. Also I find some people just don't like work, could that be your partners problem?

E

edd

part time.....but on saturday mornings i am cutting under the security lights at school at 5.....

BHLC

BHLC

Sound to me like you need a word with your partner. You know your business arrangements, we don't. Then on top of that I wonder how many customers want you working in their yard at 6:30 in the morning, I sure wouldn't want you in mine. Now being retired I start my day when I feel like it. When I was working I started my day at 4:30 AM. Also I find some people just don't like work, could that be your partners problem?

Our commercial accounts get mowed starting at 7, no houses or people to bother, residentials are at 8

exotion

exotion

7 but I clear it with the homeowner

Carscw

Carscw

We get to the first yard about 7:00 and leave the last yard when to dark to mow. About 9:00.

Taking today off after ten 14 hour days

reynoldston

reynoldston

I agree with you. If starting time is 7AM that would be starting time. Maybe you start 2 hours early and at quitting time he works two late? It sounds to me like I wouldn't want him as a partner, but you known your business I don't. Has he got the money and you do the work? Is he a good friend? I find partners don't work and you would be much better off just hiring someone to work for you. As I see it, it cost you money either way.

BHLC

BHLC

I agree with you. If starting time is 7AM that would be starting time. Maybe you start 2 hours early and at quitting time he works two late? It sounds to me like I wouldn't want him as a partner, but you known your business I don't. Has he got the money and you do the work? Is he a good friend? I find partners don't work and you would be much better off just hiring someone to work for you. As I see it, it cost you money either way.

It's funny! I have the money, we do equal work. Haha! Different work ethics I guess. He's 26 I'm 34 it's the way I've always been. He doesn't mind working till late, I do, I'd rather get home at a decent time to see my 4 kiddos. He does his work I do mine, it all gets done.

reynoldston

reynoldston

It's funny! I have the money, we do equal work. Haha! Different work ethics I guess. He's 26 I'm 34 it's the way I've always been. He doesn't mind working till late, I do, I'd rather get home at a decent time to see my 4 kiddos. He does his work I do mine, it all gets done.

Now that looks like a ideal set up to me. Let him sleep in the morning and you go home early. Just don't let it get to you, because life is too short. Two work shifts, morning shift and evening shift. Like I said its your business and talk is easy for me to talk. If it was one of my own kids I would be kicking his ### out of bed in the AM.

E

eastsidelawncare

Don't see anything wrong with flexing the time with him starting late and working late. Some people are early risers and some are not. I'd be more worried if he wasn't pulling his weight.

BHLC

BHLC

Don't see anything wrong with flexing the time with him starting late and working late. Some people are early risers and some are not. I'd be more worried if he wasn't pulling his weight.

Most of the time he does, very occasionally I finish and end up going to help him out. Not a big deal, it is bound to happen every now and again

L

LoCo86

I can't seem to get my business partner to get on the road before 9am. Drives me nuts because I'm gone by 6:30 on the first job at 7. Anyone else deal with this? What do you do?

For residential clients I arrive at the first job and have blades spinning @9am and finish up the last job around 5pm. When I used to do commercial properties I would do those after 5pm due to there being no cars in the parking lot, which creates less of a liability, and makes it easier for parking lot clean up.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

With mowing my place the minute the dew lifts I am deck down and rolling.
When I worked and lived in Ohio I had a company come every week for my place 3/4 acre, but they had instructions do not mow my yard if it was wet period, no rain or dew was on my grass when they began to mow.

exotion

exotion

Problem I have with dew is that it doesn't go away until around 11am or 12noon I can't wait that long to now gotta keep blades Sharp and deck and bag clean. 7 am until 5ish I don't take lunch breaks I eat between jobs.

Carscw

Carscw

Problem I have with dew is that it doesn't go away until around 11am or 12noon I can't wait that long to now gotta keep blades Sharp and deck and bag clean. 7 am until 5ish I don't take lunch breaks I eat between jobs.

I snack all day and get on here between jobs.

Been cutting all day today in a light rain. Trailer is full of grass clipping that fell off the deck.

I hate cutting wet grass over a foot tall.
Works the mower to hard. Had a rod let go today. First briggs that has ever failed on me.
. Good thing I had the old snapper with me as a back up

Ric

Ric

Most people here in the sub-divisions are up and out the door between 7:00am and 7:30am for there work day so I try to be mowing by 7:30am whether the help is with me or not. If I know the help is coming then they just have to play catch up, if I know there not coming to work then I do everything that needs to be done before moving to the next client. I just figure if they don't show up it's just one more day I don't have to pay them.

X-man

X-man

I get my equipment out of the shed and ready by 7AM and I get started by 8AM. I would start by 7:30 but park rules won't allow noise until 8.

I usually do all my work done for the park first, then my customers. Mostly because of the dew, my push mowers like to clog up when the grass is wet, my tractor mows wet grass like it's nothing.