Export thread

what size landscape trailer

B

boston

I'm buying a landscape trailer in a few months and was wondering what size to get. I was thinking 6x12 would be perfect or 6x14 if I find one at a good price. It will be an open trailer. I wanted to get a longer one because i would have more space for future equipment and leaves to haul.

Ric

Ric

I'm buying a landscape trailer in a few months and was wondering what size to get. I was thinking 6x12 would be perfect or 6x14 if I find one at a good price. It will be an open trailer. I wanted to get a longer one because i would have more space for future equipment and leaves to haul.

Depending on the future equipment a 6x12 is nice if you're hauling a couple of small mowers. I haul a 48" ZTR and my Grandstand two push mowers and all the hand held equipment on mine. If you can afford to buy the 6x14 it would be easier to use. My 6x12 is tight for room.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

And whatever size you get make sure it's big enough for different racks for your blowers, trimmers, gas, etc. Check these different ones out: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...le-jim-sulkies-racking-trailer-solutions.html.

B

boston

I was thinking of buying a used one on Craigslist. What other things should I know before buying one?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I was thinking of buying a used one on Craigslist. What other things should I know before buying one?

This link is REALLY helpful! Kaufman TrailersBuying a used trailer: 10 things to check. » Kaufman Trailers

AmericanTurf

Personally I would go with a 7x14 enclosed. Having a enclosed protects from weather, thieves, and the best part is you can take a piss on the job site without anybody seeing. I used to hate having to waste time stopping at gas stations to use the restroom.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Personally I would go with a 7x14 enclosed. Having a enclosed protects from weather, thieves, and the best part is you can take a piss on the job site without anybody seeing. I used to hate having to waste time stopping at gas stations to use the restroom.

Yeah, you have some good reasons for an enclosed trailer. But there are also a lot of good reasons for an open trailer. Here is a list I came up with:

:thumbsup:POSITIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:
  • Easy access to your equipment
  • You can show potential customers the equipment you have.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:
  • NOT protected from the weather
  • Easy to break into

:thumbsup:POSITIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:
  • Protected from the weather
  • Thief-proof (for the most part)
  • More advertising space on the outside
  • More inside wall space for blowers, trimmers, etc.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:
  • NOT as easy to access your equipment

K

Kimpa

Yeah, you have some good reasons for an enclosed trailer. But there are also a lot of good reasons for an open trailer. Here is a list I came up with:

:thumbsup:pOSITIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:

[*]Easy access to your equipment
[*]You can show potential customers the equipment you have.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN OPEN TRAILER:

[*]NOT protected from the weather
[*]Easy to break into

:thumbsup:pOSITIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:

[*]Protected from the weather
[*]Thief-proof (for the most part)
[*]More advertising space on the outside
[*]More inside wall space for blowers, trimmers, etc.

:thumbdown:NEGATIVES FOR AN ENCLOSED TRAILER:

[*]NOT as easy to access your equipment

I find that customers don't care and don't know about equipment. They only care if their lawns get serviced on time and the quality of the cut.

AmericanTurf

My enclosed has a side door making it easy to grab my blower and trimmer. Also I made a work bench in the front where I have my tool box and bench grinder for blade sharpening. I mounted a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I have a rubber made tub where I throw extra blades and store other small items. Enclosed cost a little more but in my opinion is worth every dollar. Plus I can throw a four wheeler in it and go camping up north with it. Haha. I had to register mine and got the bigger weight restriction plates on mine. Paid $5300 for mine brand new 2012. The trailor brakes are awesome to. You can also choose what color you want so the trailor will match your truck.

B

boston

I took a look at an open 5x12 trailer with raised sides and it was junk. The metal was rusting the gate was broken and the wood was rotting!! The guy wanted 900 for it. I'm now looking for at least a 6x12 but everything on Craigslist seems like its junk.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I took a look at an open 5x12 trailer with raised sides and it was junk. The metal was rusting the gate was broken and the wood was rotting!! The guy wanted 900 for it. I'm now looking for at least a 6x12 but everything on Craigslist seems like its junk.

Wow that seems expensive for a heavily used trailer! Maybe you should look for new ones because right now I am looking at an ad for Tractor Supply Co. we got in the paper in June (yes, I kept it!) that is advertising a 5x8 mesh floor trailer for $599.99. Yes, I know the trailer you were looking at was larger, but he wants $300 more for a rusty trailer! I think he might be asking too much!

Ric

Ric

Wow that seems expensive for a heavily used trailer! Maybe you should look for new ones because right now I am looking at an ad for Tractor Supply Co. we got in the paper in June (yes, I kept it!) that is advertising a 5x8 mesh floor trailer for $599.99. Yes, I know the trailer you were looking at was larger, but he wants $300 more for a rusty trailer! I think he might be asking too much!

The thing is if I were going to pay $600 plus for a trailer I'd save a little longer and buy one with a 2x6 lumber floor. You can buy a new 5x10 with a 2x6 wood floor for somewhere around $800. My 6x12 was only $985 new and it's rated for 3600lbs. TSC has the 5x8 mesh and it's listed now at $699.99 and its payload is like 1500lbs. My two mowers alone weigh 1500lbs. Most of TSC trailers have a 2000lb and under payload rating and your payload is something you really need too look at for future use when adding mowers and equipment.

K

Kimpa

If your future plans include employees as well, I would suggest that you invest a little more and buy an enclosed trailer. I have seen employees going to bathroom on the customers lawn and being caught by the customer. That's not a pretty picture. With the enclosed trailer, you may make them more dignified.

B

boston

Yea im still looking around for one. I only want to spend $7-800 and it seems I'm seeing more 6x10 trailers for that price so I might settle for that. Also it will be easier to turn and better for the truck if the trailer is smaller and not as heavy.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yea im still looking around for one. I only want to spend $7-800 and it seems I'm seeing more 6x10 trailers for that price so I might settle for that. Also it will be easier to turn and better for the truck if the trailer is smaller and not as heavy.

Yep, it will be easier to turn and is lighter, but remember the smaller the trailer the harder it is to back up. That is nothing to worry about or a reason to change your mind, but I just wanted to remind you.

Ric

Ric

2012 TRIPLE CROWN 6X16 EQUIPMENT TRAILER

sale-ico.png

2012 TRIPLE CROWN 6X16 EQUIPMENT TRAILER, BRAND NEW TRIPLE CROWN TRAILERS 4 x 8 - $795, 5 x 8 - $825, 5 x 10 - $860, 6 4 x 12 - $995, 6 4 x 16 ... $1395

Orlando, FL
David s Trailers
(877) 480-1969

I'm sure you can find a distributor for your location. If you can find a dealer in your area they may have some 2011 models you could possible pick up cheaper.

B

boston

I just bought a 6x12 yesterday. It looks practically brand new and my explorer towed like there was noth

ForumRunner_20130104_093600.png

ing behind it. I posted a pic if it .

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I just bought a 6x12 yesterday. It looks practically brand new and my explorer towed like there was noth

View attachment 10816

ing behind it. I posted a pic if it .

That looks nice! :thumbsup: cool pics.jpg

B

Big Den

Will be looking to buy a trailer, but have yet to start looking. My question is this. When you designate a trailer as 6'x12', 6'x14' etc. I'm assuming the 6' is the deck width? If so, what is the total dimension of width, counting wheels and fenders? Can I easily back this width trailer into my garage which has a 9' opening? Or can I go wider on trailer? My biggest mower will be a 54" zero turn. Is 6' what I'm gonna need? thanks

Ric

Ric

Will be looking to buy a trailer, but have yet to start looking. My question is this. When you designate a trailer as 6'x12', 6'x14' etc. I'm assuming the 6' is the deck width? If so, what is the total dimension of width, counting wheels and fenders? Can I easily back this width trailer into my garage which has a 9' opening? Or can I go wider on trailer? My biggest mower will be a 54" zero turn. Is 6' what I'm gonna need? thanks

You mite have a problem getting it through a 9 foot door. I've got a 6x12 Triple Crown and it measures just better than 8 foot wide including fenders. If you use any type of trimmer rack, it's going to be real tight. The inside width is 6'5" x 12' You could get a 54" ZTR on without problem.

C

CZLawnCare

Hi ric do you know if theres anywhere i can buy one of those 16ft trailers like you mentioned in the sale add above in plattsburgh?

Ric

Ric

Hi ric do you know if theres anywhere i can buy one of those 16ft trailers like you mentioned in the sale add above in plattsburgh?

Where is Plattsburgh, Is your location the same as your profile?

jekjr

jekjr

I bought a 6' X 12" trailer that was used over the weekend. The tires are good. It has not been long since the bearings were replaced. The floor is in good shape. I has recently had two boards replaced. Gate is in pretty good shape. He gave me a new wiring harness for the lights to go with it as well. I am going to have to put two new tail lights on it but I think those will work. They are just cracked. It has a spare tire rack but does not have a spare to go with it.

$400 I thought that was a great deal.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I bought a 6' X 12" trailer that was used over the weekend. The tires are good. It has not been long since the bearings were replaced. The floor is in good shape. I has recently had two boards replaced. Gate is in pretty good shape. He gave me a new wiring harness for the lights to go with it as well. I am going to have to put two new tail lights on it but I think those will work. They are just cracked. It has a spare tire rack but does not have a spare to go with it.

$400 I thought that was a great deal.

Sweet! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Where is Plattsburgh, Is your location the same as your profile?

I think it is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...&bih=685&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl&authuser=0

C

CZLawnCare

No im in canada but plattsburgh is just over the border

Ric

Ric

I can do some searches and see what I can come up with but I'm just not that familiar with that area to know.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

No im in canada but plattsburgh is just over the border

Ohhhh.....OK. Yeah I knew you live in Canada but I thought that might be where you are looking in because you say sometimes you go into the U.S. to buy some things because they are cheaper.
Sorry!

C

CZLawnCare

Alright thanks alot ric and yeah exactly lmf

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

.....do you know if theres anywhere i can buy one of those 16ft trailers like you mentioned in the sale add above in plattsburgh?

I just found these sites quickly, so I would first make sure they are legitimate, but here they are:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

lmf,
I'm looking at a 6 X 10 Heavy Duty Tube Rail Trailer made by a company called Lone Wolf in Falkville, Alabama. The guy wants $1073 "out-the-door" including tax. My daughter lives near Huntsville and this company is about 45 minutes from her place(I visit her pretty frequently and it's about a 2 hour drive from my place). They have a realy nice "red" one that my new Gravely ZTR would look real good on. The Dexter axles they use are identical to the one on my 1999 Sprint Fish & Ski boat trailer that I bought new and the trailer has held up extremely well. Check out the link below and let me know what you think.

Lone Wolf Heavy Duty Tube Rail Utility Trailer

That looks really nice! I am not good with determining if the price is good or not, but just from looking at the pictures it looks really nice! Other users might be able to give more feedback. :thumbsup:

djdicetn

djdicetn

That looks really nice! I am not good with determining if the price is good or not, but just from looking at the pictures it looks really nice! Other users might be able to give more feedback. :thumbsup:

lmf,

Yeah, I figured Ric gave $985 for a 6 X 12(and I assume he bought it new and that the price he quoted did not include sales tax), so the Lone Wolf is a "little' pricier, but like ric said......there's no comparison to the ones they sell at TSC(they want $1699 plus tax for a 6 X 10 with the wood floor) and that makes the price of the Lone Wolf sound good.

Carscw

Carscw

lmf,
I'm looking at a 6 X 10 Heavy Duty Tube Rail Trailer made by a company called Lone Wolf in Falkville, Alabama. The guy wants $1073 "out-the-door" including tax. My daughter lives near Huntsville and this company is about 45 minutes from her place(I visit her pretty frequently and it's about a 2 hour drive from my place). They have a realy nice "red" one that my new Gravely ZTR would look real good on. The Dexter axles they use are identical to the one on my 1999 Sprint Fish & Ski boat trailer that I bought new and the trailer has held up extremely well. Check out the link below and let me know what you think.

http://www.lonewolftrailerco.com/Heavy-Duty-Tube-Rail-Utility/

Anything under $1500 for a 6x10 lone wolf is good. I paid $1200 for mine last year at the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

lmf,

Yeah, I figured Ric gave $985 for a 6 X 12(and I assume he bought it new and that the price he quoted did not include sales tax), so the Lone Wolf is a "little' pricier, but like ric said......there's no comparison to the ones they sell at TSC(they want $1699 plus tax for a 6 X 10 with the wood floor) and that makes the price of the Lone Wolf sound good.

I agree! :smile:

djdicetn

djdicetn

Anything under $1500 for a 6x10 lone wolf is good. I paid $1200 for mine last year at the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw,
Thanks for the first-hand advice. My neighbor just bought a 5 X 8 Lone Wolf($850) from our local Middle TN dealer. After looking at his I was real impressed with the quality so I contacted the company in AL to ask for a direct price. Thanks for the confirmation that it's a deal worth pursuing!!!

Ric

Ric

lmf,

Yeah I purchased the trailer new and actually I paid $939.99 with $65.80 tax = $1005.79 with jack OTD it's 1020lbs empty. and has a 3600lb load rating. It has 2x6x12 pressure treated wood floor. Just FYI I purchased mine at a Lawn mower shop not a trailer store.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Yeah I purchased the trailer new and actually I paid $939.99 with $65.80 tax = $1005.79 with jack OTD it's 1020lbs empty. and has a 3600lb load rating. It has 2x6x12 pressure treated wood floor. Just FYI I purchased mine at a Lawn mower shop not a trailer store.

ric,
That was indeed a very good price for that 6 X 12!!! I was incorrect in my first post and the Lone Wolf 6 X 10 is actually only $1,035 OTD, so it's still a little pricier than yours but all things considered pretty reasonable. I may check with the dealer where I bought my Gravely and a couple of other Lawn Mower dealers to compare trailers they have before I buy. Thanks for the details!!!

Ric

Ric

ric,
That was indeed a very good price for that 6 X 12!!! I was incorrect in my first post and the Lone Wolf 6 X 10 is actually only $1,035 OTD, so it's still a little pricier than yours but all things considered pretty reasonable. I may check with the dealer where I bought my Gravely and a couple of other Lawn Mower dealers to compare trailers they have before I buy. Thanks for the details!!!

Something else and I don't know if it matters or not but mine has seven bottom braces, five are 2x2 and two are 3x2 front and back and the gate has seven braces also. I don't know anything about the Lone Wolf trailers but you can use the added information for comparisons if it helps.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Something else and I don't know if it matters or not but mine has seven bottom braces, five are 2x2 and two are 3x2 front and back and the gate has seven braces also. I don't know anything about the Lone Wolf trailers but you can use the added information for comparisons if it helps.

Ric,
Hmmmmmmm, knowing as much as I do about utility trailers I may have to look into the importance of that. I can't tell about underneath the trailer bed on the Lone Wolf, but the gate on the 6 X 10 only has 5 braces(the 5 X 8 only has 4). Looking at others on their website(again, you can only see the gate braces) it looks like you have to go up to a 16foot wide tandem/dovetail trailer to get 7 braces. Like you, I don't know if this matters a lot if the trailer has a decent GVWR rating(the Lone Wolf 6 X 10 has a 2950# and with yours being rated at 3600# the number of braces may figure into how the load capacity is determined).

Ric

Ric

Ric,
Hmmmmmmm, knowing as much as I do about utility trailers I may have to look into the importance of that. I can't tell about underneath the trailer bed on the Lone Wolf, but the gate on the 6 X 10 only has 5 braces(the 5 X 8 only has 4). Looking at others on their website(again, you can only see the gate braces) it looks like you have to go up to a 16foot wide tandem/dovetail trailer to get 7 braces. Like you, I don't know if this matters a lot if the trailer has a decent GVWR rating(the Lone Wolf 6 X 10 has a 2950# and with yours being rated at 3600# the number of braces may figure into how the load capacity is determined).

12225-what-size-landscape-trailer-pict1-jpg
12226-what-size-landscape-trailer-regular-utility-jpg
These trailers look very similar to mine. Picked up the photos from online trailer places. I took a look at the wolf and the gate braces look heavier but they also look like they are wider between the braces which I would think may cause some sagging between the braces.

djdicetn

djdicetn

12225-what-size-landscape-trailer-pict1-jpg
12226-what-size-landscape-trailer-regular-utility-jpg
These trailers look very similar to mine. Picked up the photos from online trailer places. I took a look at the wolf and the gate braces look heavier but they also look like they are wider between the braces which I would think may cause some sagging between the braces.

Ric,

Can't seem to see those jpg attachments, but thanks for the advice!!! I may measure the width of my front & rear wheels then the braces on the gate. If there are braces where my wheels drive up on the trailer I won't worry too much...but if the tires will be between the braces I'll have to consider the potential for sagging and ask the dealer about adding additional braces(he's going to be "building" me a trailer because I want red to match my Gravely and he currently only has black in stock). It'll depend on how much extra $ he wants for additional braces. Thanks again

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Ric,

Can't seem to see those jpg attachments......

Yeah neither can I. :frown:

Ric

Ric

Ric,

Can't seem to see those jpg attachments, but thanks for the advice!!! I may measure the width of my front & rear wheels then the braces on the gate. If there are braces where my wheels drive up on the trailer I won't worry too much...but if the tires will be between the braces I'll have to consider the potential for sagging and ask the dealer about adding additional braces(he's going to be "building" me a trailer because I want red to match my Gravely and he currently only has black in stock). It'll depend on how much extra $ he wants for additional braces. Thanks again

pict1.jpgregular-utility.jpg I'll try the photos again.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

There we go! :thumbsup:

BHLC

BHLC

Mine is a 7x16 tandem Sure Trac. I'm glad I went with the 16 due to a bit of extra space for more equipment.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Well Guys,

I looked at several other utility trailers here in Middle TN, including the ones at Tractor Supply Co. and several lawn equipment dealers. But I kept coming back to the Lone Wolf 6X10 Heavy Duty Tube Rail trailer. There is a local Middle TN dealer and the best he would do is sell me one for $1,273 out-the-door(including a spare tire). I'm about a 2 hour drive from the manufacturer in Falkville, AL and the price they quoted me(and the quality of the Lone Wolf trailers) beat everything else I had looked at. So I pulled the trigger the other day and will drive to Falkville AL on Saturday, 3/9/2013, to pick it up. The guy is building me one and going to paint it red to match my Gravely(he currently only had black ones in stock). I'm getting it for $1,125 OTD including a spare tire mounted to it and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. It'll cost me about $50 for gas to go pick it up so I'm still coming out $100 to the good versus buying one at the local dealer!! I could have bought some trailers cheaper, but most of them had 2"x2" angle-iron frame supports and rails, cheaper lights and no spare tire mount welded to them and this one has 3"X2" angle-iron frame supports and 2"x2" tube rails. I'll take some pictures and post them when I get it home. Thanks for all the advice given!!!

P.S.
Ric.....I looked at one exactly like I ordered after measuring the front & rear tires on my Gravely. Even though the gate only has 5 rails(2 on the outside and 3 in the middle) they are the 2x2 tubular steel, instead of the angle-iron, and the outside distance apart of the 2 outer braces(of the 3 inner ones) measures precisely where the outside edge of my front tires, and exactly in the middle of my rear tires. So when I drive up on the trailer all 4 tires will have a 2x2 brace underneath them. I'm not concerned the least bit about any potential sagging of the wire mesh gate.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well Guys,

I looked at several other utility trailers here in Middle TN, including the ones at Tractor Supply Co. and several lawn equipment dealers. But I kept coming back to the Lone Wolf 6X10 Heavy Duty Tube Rail trailer. There is a local Middle TN dealer and the best he would do is sell me one for $1,273 out-the-door(including a spare tire). I'm about a 2 hour drive from the manufacturer in Falkville, AL and the price they quoted me(and the quality of the Lone Wolf trailers) beat everything else I had looked at. So I pulled the trigger the other day and will drive to Falkville AL on Saturday, 3/9/2013, to pick it up. The guy is building me one and going to paint it red to match my Gravely(he currently only had black ones in stock). I'm getting it for $1,125 OTD including a spare tire mounted to it and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. It'll cost me about $50 for gas to go pick it up so I'm still coming out $100 to the good versus buying one at the local dealer!! I could have bought some trailers cheaper, but most of them had 2"x2" angle-iron frame supports and rails, cheaper lights and no spare tire mount welded to them and this one has 3"X2" angle-iron frame supports and 2"x2" tube rails. I'll take some pictures and post them when I get it home. Thanks for all the advice given!!!

P.S.
Ric.....I looked at one exactly like I ordered after measuring the front & rear tires on my Gravely. Even though the gate only has 5 rails(2 on the outside and 3 in the middle) they are the 2x2 tubular steel, instead of the angle-iron, and the outside distance apart of the 2 outer braces(of the 3 inner ones) measures precisely where the outside edge of my front tires, and exactly in the middle of my rear tires. So when I drive up on the trailer all 4 tires will have a 2x2 brace underneath them. I'm not concerned the least bit about any potential sagging of the wire mesh gate.

Good decision! Let us know how you like it once you use it for awhile to see how it holds up, and I can't wait to see some pictures! :thumbsup:

djdicetn

djdicetn

Good decision! Let us know how you like it once you use it for awhile to see how it holds up, and I can't wait to see some pictures! :thumbsup:

lmf,
Well, tomorrow is D-Day(Delivery-Day) on my Lone Wolf. Actually, my wife and I are going to take a scenic ride to Falkville, AL in the moring and pick it up. I saved over $200 from what a local Lone Wolf dealer wanted and got one newly built and painted red to match my Gravely. I figured it'll cost me about $50-$75 worth of gas, so I'll still come out $100-$150 ahead and we are going to use the trip as an excuse to drop by and visit our daughter who lives near Huntsville. AL(about 30-45 minutes from Lone Wolf). I'm starting to get a little excited(not quite as much as the day I got my Gravely) and can't wait to get it home and drive the ZTR up on it just to check it out!!! BTW, when I bought my Gravely Pro-Turn, the brochure stated "designated trailer tie-down points safeguard the machine during transport". I asked the dealer when I picked it up and he was clueless and the owner's manual didn't elaborate on it either. So I went to the Gravely(Ariens) website yesterday and initiated an "online Chat" with a CSR. She was very nice and contacted an Arien's engineer while she had pictures of my model pulled up and he explained to her exactly where they were located and she relayed that to me(I had already figured out two of them which were obvious oblong holes in the front of the footplate on each side of the GRAVELY name cutout). But I wasn't sure about the rear of the mower. Tennessee law requires a minimum of 3(preferably 4) tie-downs of equipment being transported on a trailer, so I wanted to be sure about the "designated" tie-down points(also, didn't want to take any chances attaching a tie-down where it could possibly damage the mower). I considered the experience with online support as a good sign for any time I need to know something about my ZTR(being my first, I'm sure there will be more questions:0)
Of course, the users on this forum can always answer a lot of my questions......sometime this summer I may want to dabble with "striping' and this will be where I get educated!!! Thanks for all the advice and encouragement that you and others have provided!!!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

......Tennessee law requires a minimum of 3(preferably 4) tie-downs of equipment being transported on a trailer, so I wanted to be sure about the "designated" tie-down points(also, didn't want to take any chances attaching a tie-down where it could possibly damage the mower).

You can also get these for transportation: http://www.junglejimsap.com/displaySearch.php?cat=4&cat_label=Transport Lockdowns
FaStrap.jpg Mower Holder Large.jpg

wjjones

wjjones

I bought a bigger trailer once but ended up selling it, and downsizing to a smaller trailer. If you can fit all of your equipment on it, and still walk around the equipment your good. Are you planning on hauling mulch, dirt, etc for yard work?

J

jeffery9076

I got a brand new trailer last year from a local dealer I think 6.5x 14 for $2400.00 dollars DUALdual gate. When I left to go home with it the cart shook like *ell. I took it back they worked on it said a spring hanger was a little loose. Picked it back up and still did the same thing. Took it back again they worked on it and road tested it and called me and said it was fixed next time I would have to pay for worked . I left it did the same thing so I went back threatened to sue. He said go ahead but I ended up getting my money back minus the license plate and tags which I never got the tags. SO TEST DRIVE THE CART SO YOU KNOW ITS WHAT YOU WANT

wjjones

wjjones

Did he ever post if he found a trailer, or not?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Did he ever post if he found a trailer, or not?

If you are talking about user, boston.....yes, read post #17.

10816d1357310187-what-size-landscape-trailer-forumrunner_20130104_093600-png

wjjones

wjjones

If you are talking about user, boston.....yes, read post #17.

10816d1357310187-what-size-landscape-trailer-forumrunner_20130104_093600-png

Cool it looks like a pretty nice trailer. I went back to look earlier but I guess I missed the post of the trailer he bought. Thankyou LMF.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Cool it looks like a pretty nice trailer. I went back to look earlier but I guess I missed the post of the trailer he bought. Thankyou LMF.

Yeah it does!! :thumbsup: And your welcome!

D

Dtchweed

I Have a 7 x 14 foot enclosed Trailer and it works Great Have a ramp Back door and one side door Have a bench in front to hold Oil tools and trimmer line spool plus a big vice also holds a Chain Saw and Hedge trimmer and small genarator to run Grinders and small equipment and still have space under to put Push mower I put rack holders on sidewalls to hold all hand tool rakes and shovels. Plus I carry extra Mower blades and Mowers I have a Ferris 1500 52 inch disk and older dixion ZTR for trim work plus trimmers and blowers which hang on wall pull with pickup with topper which also has storage inside bed I like the trailer because it keeps things dry clean and safe I also Have a secuity system so can watch from phone or home when done for nite. So I would say enclosed trailer I also have small dump trailer if needed

D

Dtchweed

Here is pictures of trailer

Attachments

O

Old-Pete

Well Guys,

P.S.

Whatcha gotta look at is the quality of the welding of the mesh to the structural parts. I did not get mesh sag until the welds started to part from the angle irons.

O

Old-Pete

On Monday, 6/23, I am driving to south Georgia to pick up my new enclosed trailer from the factory. I ordered a 6' x 12' enclosed trailer with a V nose and rear door ramp. The interior height is 6'3" which is OK because I am under 6' tall. The right side of the trailer has a 32" door for access. Options I chose are 16" OC floor supports, extra vents (necessary in Florida), LED exterior lighting, and a spare tire. Total cost is $2220 at the factory. I'm saving about $300 in delivery costs by driving 190 miles to the factory and 190 miles back. When I get the trailer I will post pics. I'll also post pics as modifications are done to customize if for my business.

The exterior is white. Therefore, I have the base for a mobile billboard for my business. I have already contacted a sign guy to letter it up. One of the reasons I chose to go with an enclosed trailer is that I live in a city in which you can not park a trailer in your driveway or your back yard. The code enforcement zombies will come and write you up. My wife wants the garage for her new car so my stuff has to be packed up and parked in a storage yard. I can't safely park an open trailer with equipment in a storage yard. Going to fetch the trailer and loading it daily will be a real buzz killer and a pain in my butt. Another reason is that I service clients in upscale areas. In those upscale gated communities equipment appearance is as important as the finished lawn and shrubs. Finally, my equipment will be out of the weather and locked away safely.

More to come.

jekjr

jekjr

On Monday, 6/23, I am driving to south Georgia to pick up my new enclosed trailer from the factory. I ordered a 6' x 12' enclosed trailer with a V nose and rear door ramp. The interior height is 6'3" which is OK because I am under 6' tall. The right side of the trailer has a 32" door for access. Options I chose are 16" OC floor supports, extra vents (necessary in Florida), LED exterior lighting, and a spare tire. Total cost is $2220 at the factory. I'm saving about $300 in delivery costs by driving 190 miles to the factory and 190 miles back. When I get the trailer I will post pics. I'll also post pics as modifications are done to customize if for my business. The exterior is white. Therefore, I have the base for a mobile billboard for my business. I have already contacted a sign guy to letter it up. One of the reasons I chose to go with an enclosed trailer is that I live in a city in which you can not park a trailer in your driveway or your back yard. The code enforcement zombies will come and write you up. My wife wants the garage for her new car so my stuff has to be packed up and parked in a storage yard. I can't safely park an open trailer with equipment in a storage yard. Going to fetch the trailer and loading it daily will be a real buzz killer and a pain in my butt. Another reason is that I service clients in upscale areas. In those upscale gated communities equipment appearance is as important as the finished lawn and shrubs. Finally, my equipment will be out of the weather and locked away safely. More to come.

We have a 16' enclosed trailer. It is great. For us it has too many advantages to go back to an open trailer.