Engine what size is the oil filter?

johndeere316

Forum Newbie
I have a John Deere 316 from 1993. I am not really sure what kind of engine as i have not looked at it for a while, but it does have the liquid cooled motor. This spring i want to change the oil filter but a manual did not come with it so im not sure what size to get. Do you need to go to a John Deere dealer anyway? Thank!
 
I think you better find the ID tag on the motor to see what engine size and model you have. Then you can contact your local John Deere dealership.
 
I have a John Deere 316 from 1993. I am not really sure what kind of engine as i have not looked at it for a while, but it does have the liquid cooled motor. This spring i want to change the oil filter but a manual did not come with it so im not sure what size to get. Do you need to go to a John Deere dealer anyway? Thank!

johndeere316,
If all else fails, take the old one off and take it with you(surely it's got some kind of identication on it).
 
I have a John Deere 316 from 1993. I am not really sure what kind of engine as i have not looked at it for a while, but it does have the liquid cooled motor. This spring i want to change the oil filter but a manual did not come with it so im not sure what size to get. Do you need to go to a John Deere dealer anyway? Thank!

i would not have a problem taking to a dealer but they charge a little much for what could pay at a napa or tractor supply
 
I use a wix filter and have used a napa gold.

Just don't use a fram they restrict the oil to much.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
Your engine in that John Deere should be an Onan P218... The proper Wix filter is # 51374, you should be able to get it at most any auto parts store.... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top